Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Your Wife Don't Understand You is a song sung by Lurleen Lumpkin (voiced by Beverly D'Angelo) in the episode Colonel Homer. The music and lyrics were written by Jeff Martin. It is the fourteenth track on the album Songs in the Key of Springfield. The song is also sung by Homer in the episode.
- Our next act is our very own singing waitress, Lurleen. (audience whoops) So I'm, uh, afraid drink service will stop for just a few moments. (audience boos) They're all yers.
- Thank you. Tonight I'd like to try somethin' a little different. It's a song I wrote while I was mopping up your dried blood and teeth.
- Work all day for some old man
- Sweat and break your back.
- Then you go home to your castle,
- But your queen won't cut you slack.
- That's true.
- That's why you're losin' all your hair,
- That's why you're overweight.
- That's why you flipped your pickup truck
- Right off the interstate.
- That's right! Except for the pickup truck.
- There's a lot of bull they hand you,
- There's nothin' you can do,
- Your wife don't understand you, but I do.
- No, your wife don't understand you, but I do.
- I said no one understands you but I do.
- Hey, hey, Lurleen. I gotta say somethin' to ya.
- I'm listenin'.
- Your song touched me in a way I've never felt before. And which way to the can?