| William Shakespeare|
|Occupation||Playwright, poet, actor|
|First Appearance||"Treehouse of Horror III"|
|Voiced By|| Dan Castellaneta|
Maurice LaMarche (The Simpsons Game)
William Shakespeare was an English poet and playwright, widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language.
Some of Shakespeare's plays such as Hamlet, King Lear and Macbeth have been mentioned throughout the series. An drawing of his likeness is the logo for Shakespeare Fried Chicken, a restaurant chain in Springfield.
Treehouse of HorrorEdit
Shakespeare once appeared as a zombie.
The Simpsons GameEdit
An entire comic dedicated to his works in the Simpsons Comics' "Get Some Fancy Book Learnin'". Among the works that appeared in the comics were Troilus and Cressida, Antony and Cleopatra, Julius Caesar, Henry V, Romeo and Juliet, Two Gentlemen of Verona, Richard III, Titus Andronicus, and King Lear.
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror III" (as a zombie)
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XIX"
- Episode – "The Book Job" (mentioned and pictured)
- Episode – "The D'oh-cial Network" (mentioned and pictured)
- Episode – "Love Is a Many-Splintered Thing"
- The Simpsons Game Level – "Game Over"