Hi, Basel17! I think I inadvertently started an argument over renaming (I was trying to encourage discussion prior to moving pages for major characters, but I think it was misunderstood and seen as "random new guy we don't know telling us what to do.") See my talk page for the discussion. As the only active admin I can find, I'd appreciate it if you could intervene and give your opinion. -- Andrew Leal (talk) 22:01, 13 December 2007 (UTC)
Hello Basel17. I was wondering if I could get sysop rights. My main reason is because I found a whole bunch of spam in this wiki, and to delete several vandal articles/images. The two 'crats here haven't been active, and with you the only active sysop here, I was wondering if you could help me. Thank you:) -- Alastor Moody (T + C) 23:40, 16 October 2007 (UTC)
on your userpage add to helpers ravidabest
i am helping
i added floyd and sven and orville jay simpson information and some information on frankie the squealer i added bart simpson jr which is coming to season 19 or season 20
ravidabest added dwight, louie the towboy, miss botz, all with pictures
Hey, I'm one of the main editors of The Simpsons releated articles on Wikipedia and so came here to see if I could help out. And (no offence) but this place really needs some work... What processes do you have running? I looked and I couldn't find any deletion pages, or a deletion template, if there are some of these related thing, could you point me in the right direction? Also, I see you are an admin; is there any particularly way to go about becomming one? Thanks. Gran2 10:00, 5 January 2008 (UTC
Articles Nominated for DeletionEdit
There is no longer a need to place articles here as now you can go to Simpsons Wiki:Speedy deletions to see articles, images, categories, and talk pages nominated for deletion.Dr. Ralph Wiggum 14:02, 24 February 2008 (UTC)
I think we need to decide on a set format for the episode pages. Alot of them have just been copied from Wikipedia, and so aren't written in the in-universe style that this Wiki is supposed to be written in. On Wikipedia we have to write pages from an out-of-universe perspective, so we must include a limited plot summary, production info, key cultural references, and reception all in prose, with no Trivia. However here, that is not the best idea. As such I propose to have a set style guideline for episodes. It's based on what the old Wikipedia episode page format was, and essentially what the Lost episode articles on Lostpedia are like. So: A detailed synopsis - as long as it needs to be. Then a good long Trivia section, perhaps with sub-sections: General notes about the episode, if it effects the overall show, if its events are mentioned again, key production information, key reception information such as awards, animation errors and continuity errors (not "Goofs", that word is horrible). Then a separate Cultural references section, detailing every reference made in the episode. Thoughts? Gran2 12:46, 12 January 2008 (UTC)
- I did a bit of work on 22 Short Films About Springfield, but don't really have much time at the moment. Anyway, here's some more deletion fun for you: Roocaicromi. Gran2 21:28, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
I have noticed an article named Jackson Leonard. Anyway the article says that he is Lenny's father however this might not be true as I do not remember Jack Leonard ever appearing in an episode. This character may or may not be real as on Lenny's Wikipedia article it simply says that his relatives are unknown. Anyway if that is the case Category:Leonard family will also have to go.Dr. Ralph Wiggum 14:02, 24 February 2008 (UTC)
Hi, my name is Brian and I'm a new bureaucrat here. I am a regular at the normal English Wikipedia and I had noticed that this site needed another active administrator and offered my services. To my surprise, not only did the Wikia people agree but they also made me a bureaucrat. So, I figured I'd introduce myself and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. You appear to be the only active administrator, and it can't hurt to have another one, so do you have any suggestions? -- Brian McClure 06:04, 25 February 2008 (UTC)
Nice to see you are editing again :) CJC95 16:52, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
Introducing Wikia's new look:Edit
Greetings! As many of you have already seen, Wikia is undergoing some major changes to their site layout. As of Wednesday, October 6th, the change will affect both the appearance and how things are done on several wikis, and come October 20th these changes will effect all Wikia sites. These changes are mandatory as this is not simply a new skin option, it’s actually an upgraded version of the core Mediawiki platform itself. Check out "Experience the new Wikia" for a look at some wikis using the new look, FAQ and the Transition guide.
Transitioning to the New LookEdit
We know you’ve put a lot of work into making your wikis look great in Monaco, so we’ve worked on our end to minimize the amount of effort needed for you to move to the new look. Still, there are some things you’ll want to do in order for your wiki to look its best in the new skin. We strongly encourage you to use our Wiki Transition Guide to make this process as smooth and seamless as possible.
Our new theme designer tool will be available to everyone during the first stage of sitewide roll-out on October 6th. This gives you time to experiment with different themes and chat with your community about what looks best before all visitors see your wiki in the new look.
We know that many of you are Wikia experts, and have a ton of experience to share with newer users, who may need more help with the transition. To tap all your knowledge, we will soon be setting up a page where users can request and provide help on the transition.
The next step is to slowly but surely move all wikis over to the new skin. While there may be some tweaks, the projected schedule is below so that you know what to expect over the coming weeks.
|October 6, 2010||
|October 20, 2010||
|November 3, 2010||
- The widget dashboard and all widgets are to be discontinued as they were deemed to be underused.
- "Report a Problem" links will also be discontinued with the new skin as they were not used as intended.
- "Email a user" link is gone.
- Page ratings are gone.
- New tool for customizing the colour scheme/theme, including default themes.
- The new look uses a fixed width layout, we are not permitted to change, which might influence the layout of articles quite a bit.
- Wiki logo is replaced with "Wordmark", which admins can customize by adjusting the text & color, or by uploading an image in the theme designer.
- Site notice is no longer on every page. It is now located in the Community Corner and users will receive a notification bubble each time it is updated.
- "My Home" becomes "Wiki Activity" and contains a link to recent changes
- There is a new sidebar area on the right that takes about 1/3 of each page's width, where the recent activity and other "modules" will sit. More "modules" are being developed for it, but there are currently no plans for user-developed modules.
- Two of the categories are listed at top as well the full list at the bottom. Apparently the two chosen will be the categories containing the most pages. There is a blacklist to keep out typical maintenance categories, but it is not wiki specific (atm).
- Edit and talk buttons will be used instead of written links.
- The name of the user who uploaded a picture will be listed underneath the image caption on articles.
To give a few practical examples of what this means: It’s not permitted to remove the right sidebar modules, blogs, and image attribution or add a banner that shifts the entire content area down the page, or alter the fixed width. You can still personalize your wiki with different colors and themes, add large, standout images to the wiki background, create styled templates and tables within the content area. There are plenty of ways to be creative! While these terms will limit what you can do to the overall layout, creativity is still an essential part of Wikia.
- Transition guide
- Important Updates on Wikia’s New Look
- Experience the new Wikia (Wikia blog)
- Sneak Peek at the New Look - Themes (Wikia blog)
- Sneak Peek at the New Look - Your Personal Toolbar (Wikia blog)
- Sneak Peek at the New Look - Community Activity (Wikia blog)
- Your First Look at the New Wikia (Wikia blog)
- My Tools demo video
Removing admin rights Edit
It has been about three years since you were last on this wiki. While you were gone, we had some problems with vandalism by the previous administrators. You can see a summary of what happened in the RRabbit42/Timeline of the vandalism blog.
As part of the recovery from that, we are reviewing all of the older admin, bureaucrat and rollback rights. Clean up those rights has been proposed in a forum.
Since you've been gone such a long time, we need to know if you are still interested in being an admin here. There's quite a bit we have planned to revitalize this wiki, so it would be a great time for you to come back and participate again.
Please let us know by December 31, 2011 if you would like to keep the user rights you have now. If we haven't heard from you by then, we will proceed with the removal. Because you haven't logged in to any Wikia wiki in a very long time, you may not see this message before the deadline expires, so if you happen to come back after the first of the year and would like your user rights back, let us know at that time. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 06:00, December 8, 2011 (UTC)
- We did not hear back from you, so admin rights have now been removed. —RRabbit42 (leave a message) 18:36, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Do you know anything about this image? If so where did you find it? --Kid Sonic (talk) 00:57, September 5, 2013 (UTC)