|Treehouse of Horror XXII||
- This is the first Treehouse of Horror since Treehouse of Horror XX that aired before Halloween.
- This may be the first episode to do fart jokes. Actually in the 11th season premiere episode Beyond Blunderdome, Marge says Bart's name angrily when he burps and a fart noise is heard (which came from Marge cause she said "Well, that shut me up").
- God return from THOH XVI (Unless you not count THOH XVIII Ned mentioned he.)
- Jimbo, Dolph and Keary throw a Skunk at Bart's old body.
- This also means the first episode to feature at least one skunk since Sleeping with the Enemy.
- At the beginning of the episode, there are three tombstones in the front yard. Frank Grimes, Bleeding Gums Murphy and Maude Flanders.
- It's possible Homer, as Spider-Man takes down the Sandman/Marco Flint the bank robber as in Spider-Man 3, Marco too was stealing money to help his sick daughter.
- Turkish Broadcaster CNBC-E Got Finded For Showing This Episode In December 2012 In Which The Country Censored The Show In Which This Is An Anti Religious Episode.
Previous episode referencesEdit
- "Radio Bart": A Simpson (Bart/Homer) impersonated someone with a radio to selfishly manipulate a Flanders (Rod and Todd/Ned)
- "Homer the Whopper": One of the robbers Homer thwarts also appears in Comic Book Guy's Everyman comic
- "Treehouse of Horror IV": The Halloween special ends with a Christmas theme
- "Homer's Night Out", "Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy" and "Love is a Many Strangled Thing": A character (Marge/Abe/Kareem Abdul-Jabbar/God) strangles Homer
- "Simple Simpson" and "Homer the Whopper": Homer becomes a superhero
- "Jaws Wired Shut": Homer suffers from an injury (broken jaw/paralysis) that causes him to become mute without brain damage and finds an alternative way of communicating
- "Mobile Homer": A spider harms Homer
- "Treehouse of Horror VIII": A Simpson (Bart/Homer) suffers from a bug-related mishap
- "Treehouse of Horror XV": Ned murders another character (Homer/several Springfieldians)
- Homer getting his arm trapped in a boulder almost is a reference to 127 Hours.
- The way Ned kills Patty and Selma is a reference to Wille E. Coyote.
- Maggie emerging from Bart's "stomach" could reference to famous film Alien. This was previously parodied in the previous THOH opening.
- Enemies only wanna gets a thing, but good side casts defeat almost everyone also happen in other media, 包括 Mega Man: Rock Force.
- Homer transforming into a superhero after he is bitten by a spider is a homage to Spider-Man. He also references Spider-Man in Simple Simpson.
- At the start of the episode, Homer is painted as Doctor Manhattan from Watchmen.
- Bart Simpson as Jake Sully
- Rigellians as the Na'vi
- Kamala as Neytiri
- Lisa Simpson as Grace Augustine
- Superintendant Chalmers as Miles Quaritch
- Milhouse Van Houten as Norm Spellman
- Krusty the Clown as Parker Selfridge
- In the beginning of the episode, Homer wipes his forehead with a bar of Hershey's chocolate.
- The first story, The Diving Bell and the Butterball was based on the biographical film, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.
- The second story, Dial D for Diddily, was based on the TV show, Dexter.
- Dial D for Diddly is a pun on the 1954 crime thriller film, Dial M for Murder. This is the 3rd THOH segment that references this film. The first was Dial "Z" for Zombies in Treehouse of Horror III, second was Dial 'M' for Murder or Press '#' to Return to Main Menu in Treehouse of Horror XX. There's also an episode called Dial "N" for Nerder
- The third story, In the Na'vi, was based on the science fiction film, Avatar, for example Hilarium is parody on Unobtainium.
- In the Na'vi is a pun on the 1941 film, In the Navy. The Na'vi is the alien species in Avatar.
- In the third segment, Superintendent Chalmers is in an exoskeleton that look the exact same as the exoskeleton called The Commander from ios game Sentinel 3: Homeworld.