|The Way We Was||
- Homer: Do you two have to sit so close to the TV? Back up, or it'll hurt your eyes.
- Bart: It will not.
- Homer: [makes a fist] Yes, it will.
- [the TV's image is shaky]
- Bart: Hey, what gives?
- Lisa: Dad! Do something!
- Homer: Alright, alright. Time for Dr. TV to perform a little surgery!
- [hits the TV and the picture becomes fuzzy]
- Bart: Looks like you lost the patient, Doc.
- Homer: [fiddles with the back of the TV] Is that better??
- Bart and Lisa: NO!!!
- Homer: How's this? [the picture becomes staticky]
- Bart and Lisa: [screams]
- Homer: Okay, everybody remain calm. [he hits the TV, but the picture disappears; the TV dies]
- Bart and Lisa: [both scream louder]
- Bart: Hey everybody, If you look real close, you can kinda make him out!
- Homer: Hey yeah… yeah! I think I can!
- Marge: I think this is sick… they're staring at a dot!
- Homer: She's right! She's right! [sobbing] Oh I miss TV, dear God! Just give me one channel.
- Bart: I'm livin' it, but I ain't lovin' it.
- Barney: Hey, Homer, you're late for English!
- Homer: Pffft, English. Who needs that. I'm never going to England.
- Barney: [school bell rings] Oh no, we're late for wood shop!
- Homer: But... we're early for lunch! Let's go grab a burger.
- Barney: Boy, you never stop eating and you never gain a pound.
- Homer: It's my metabomolism. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.
- Marge: The first step to liberation is to free ourselves from these male-imposed shackles! [lights a bra; it burns up]
- Kim: I didn't think it would burn so fast.
- Marge: Mm, I guess it's the tissue paper inside.
- Barney: Hey, Estelle? Will you go to the prom with me?
- Estelle: I wouldn't go to the prom with you if you were Elliot Gould!
- Barney: Oh, shot down again.
- Homer: So, uh, what are you in for?
- Marge: I'm a political prisoner. Last time I ever take a stand...
- Homer: Well, I'm here for being me. Every day, I show up, act like me, and they slap me in here.
- Teacher: Simpson, be quiet!
- Homer: I haven't seen you in school before.
- Teacher: Okay, Simpson.
- Homer: What?
- Teacher: You just bought yourself another day of detention.
- Homer: Maybe we should get together sometime.
- Teacher: Two days!
- Marge: I'm sorry, I don't even know your name.
- Homer: I'm Homer
- Teacher: Three days!
- Homer: J.
- Teacher: Four days!
- Homer: Simpson.
- Teacher: Five days!
- Homer: It was worth it!
- Teacher: Six days! Okay, Simpson, to the back of the room!
- Homer: Hi, I'm Homer Simpson, I need some guidance, Counselor.
- Guidance Counselor: Do you have any plans for after graduation?
- Homer: Me? I'm gonna drink a lot of beer and stay out all night.
- Homer: My name's Homer Simpson, I'd like to sign up for something.
- Mrs. Blumenstein: Well, we have an opening on the debate team.
- Homer: Debate, like, arguing?
- Mrs. Blumenstein: Yes.
- Homer: I'll take THAT, you DINGPOT! Just warming up, Mrs. Blumenstein.
- Mrs. Blumenstein: This year's topic is "Resolved: The national speed limit should be lowered to 55 miles per hour."
- Homer: 55? That's ridiculous! Sure, it'll save a few lives, but millions will be late!
- Mrs. Bloominstein: Homer, would you like to present your rebuttal?
- Homer: With pleasure. (Everyone gasps as Homer moons the class.)
- (Principal Dondelinger catches Homer and Barney smoking in the bathroom.)
- Principal Dondelinger: Well, well, well. If it isn't Homer Simpson and Barney Gumble, Springfield's answer to "Cheech and Chong." Allow me, gentlemen. (grabs their cigarettes and tosses them in the toilet.) You just bought yourselves three days of detention. You know where and when.
- Homer and Barney: 3:00, old building, room 106.
- Barney: Wanna go to the prom with me?
- Kim: Good God! No!
- Barney: Well put.
- Bart: Great story. [bangs TV] Positively spellbinding. [bangs TV] Work, damn you.
- Homer: Bart! Pay attention, you may be telling this to your own son if something breaks.
- Marge: Maybe I'll wear my hair ... up.
- Bart: Get off the edge of your seat. They got married, had kids, and bought a cheap TV, okay?
- Mrs. Bouvier: If you pinch your cheeks, they'll glow. A little more, try to break some capillaries, dear.
- Marge: Couldn't we use just rouge for this?
- Mrs. Bouvier: Ladies pinch. Whores use rouge.
- Selma: [when Homer arrives to pick up Marge] Marge's dates get homelier all the time.
- Patty: That's what you get when you don't put out.
- Artie: Hello, classmates. Instead of voting for some athletic hero or a pretty boy, you have elected me, your intellectual superior, as your king. Good for you.
- Limo Driver: Well, where to now, Romeo?
- Homer: Inspiration Point.
- Limo Driver: Okay, but I'm only paid to drive.
- Artie: Marge, I would appreciate it if you didn't tell anybody about my busy hands, not so much for myself, but I am so respected, It would damage the town to hear it. Good night?
- Marge: Yeah, right!
- Marge: When I got home I realized who I should have gone to the prom with.
- Homer: Who? (realizes) Oh.
- Marge: My prom date.
- Homer: Marge, pour vous.
- Marge: Why so glum?
- Homer: I've got a problem. As soon as you stop this car, I'm gonna hug you, and kiss you, and then I'll never be able to let you go! (Fades back to the present) And I never have... [Lisa smiles, Bart makes gagging noises]
|◄ Season 1||Season 2 Quotes||Season 3 ►|
|Bart Gets an "F" • Simpson and Delilah • Treehouse of Horror (aka "The Simpsons Halloween Special") • Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish • Dancin' Homer • Dead Putting Society • Bart vs. Thanksgiving • Bart the Daredevil • Itchy & Scratchy & Marge • Bart Gets Hit by a Car • One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish • The Way We Was • Homer vs. Lisa and the 8th Commandment • Principal Charming • Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? • Bart's Dog Gets an F • Old Money • Brush with Greatness • Lisa's Substitute • The War of the Simpsons • Three Men and a Comic Book • Blood Feud|