"The Social Petwork" is an episode of The Itchy & Scratchy Show.
Scratchy is practicing for a rowing competition when Itchy knocks him over with an oar then scoops out his organs. He then turns Scratchy into a canoe and rows him down a river. After this, text appears on the screen saying:
- Scratchy sued over being turned into
a canoe and won 65 million dollars.
He was given a sack with a dollar sign
on it, but when he opened the sack, he
saw a bomb with a lit fuse. He threw
the bomb out of the window and got
a relieved look on his face. However,
the bomb landed on a trampoline held
up by firemen Itchys, bounced back
into the room, and killed him.
Behind the Laughter
- The song used at the end of the episode is "Creep" by Scala & Kolacny Brothers.
- The cartoon is a parody of The Social Network:
- Like the movie, the cartoon uses a screen full of text to explain plot points.
- Itchy's making Scratchy into a canoe and Scratchy's suing for $65 million are references to Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, who in real life sued Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg and received a settlement of $65 million. The Winklevoss twins are also competitive rowers in real life.