Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- The Simpsons Couch Gag Contest is a contest organized by Fox where viewers write their own idea for a couch gag. The contest was held between September 30 and November 15, 2012.
The contest is about writing an idea for a couch gag (100 words or less) to appear in the opening credits of The Simpsons. If your idea is selected as the winner, it will be used for an episode. The episode is planned to air in the season 24 finale in May 2013. Three contestants will go into a final and the public will vote during January 2013.
It must be a 2D animation, no longer than 30 seconds long without dialogue or music will all five family members featured. It can't have brands or commercials and obviously must conform to broadcast standards. Only one entry by person, who is physically residing in the forty-eight states of the United States or the District of Columbia and are 18 years old or older. The writer can't be defined as a professional writer by the Writers Guild of America, the entrant can not be an employee, owner, shareholder, officer or director of Sponsor, Administrator, Twentieth Century Fox Television, Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, Gracie Films or any other person/company directly involved with the contest or be an immediate family members or household members of such persons.
The grand prize winner will receive a 4 day/3 night trip for the winner and one guest to Los Angeles consisting of:
- Round-trip economy class air transportation for two people from the major airport nearest to the resident to Los Angeles, California (or $500 in lieu of air travel if winner lives within a 200 mile radius of Los Angeles)
- Three nights standard hotel accommodations for the winner and their guest at a hotel selected by contest entities
- A visit to Film Roman and the opportunity to attend a table read of The Simpsons (subject to availability)
- An illustration of their winning submission
- The Simpsons merchandise package
- $500 spending money.
Worth a total of $3,750.
Additionally, the winning submission will be animated and may also be used in a future episode of The Simpsons with a credit as contest winner.
Finalists that are not selected as grand prize winners will each receive an illustration of their submission.