- The broken bridge in this level resembles the Callahan Bridge's brief wreck after being destroyed by the Colombian Cartel from Grand Theft Auto III.
- The mission title "Bonfire of the Manatees" is a reference to the 1987 Tom Wolfe novel The Bonfire of the Vanities; the story is a drama about greed, racism, ambition, social class and politics in 1980s New York City.
- The mission title "The Old Pirate and the Sea" is a reference to the 1952 Ernest Hemingway novel The Old Man and the Sea.
- In "The Old Pirate and the Sea", the limo driver is Eddie.
- This is the only level in the game with no cutscenes.
- This level, along with Level 4, are the only levels where Homer has no role in the main story, as he only appears in the two levels as an optional driver.
- In "Princi-pal", Lisa mentions she is a vegetarian after being offered a burger.
This Is The First Level Of The Game Not To Be Featured In Day Time Instead It Is Sundown In The Level.