- “You have octuplets. It rolls off of your tongue, and into your heart. (Dreamily) Octuplets.”
- ―Marge Simpson[src]
- “Oh, they're a ravenous swarm of locusts. Just eating and screaming and grabbing and poking and pulling and drooling and two have cradle rash. How do you get cradle rash when you sleep in a suitcase!?”
- ―Apu, after the first night.[src]
- “You know, if he can handle that, maybe we can handle this bunch (indicates their children).”
- “Ah, aren't they sweet. Any medical things I should know about?”
- ―Homer Simpson[src]
The eight octuplets consist of four girls and four boys, who were born as a result of fertility drugs that Manjula took as well as from Apu, who planted them in her in her breakfast squishy, and from Marge, Homer and Bart after she and Apu decided that they wanted a baby and then telling the Simpson family
One season later after their initial introduction, the octuplets have been redesigned to look as if they were approximately two years old. In addition to this, they are now able to walk on their own and have been given matching clothes based on their genders.
Throughout the rest of the series, the octuplets are generally shown to be a handful, much to the stress and chagrin of Apu and Manjula. Because of this, Apu has to hold on to them with child harnesses whenever he takes them out in public. The octuplets can often been seen making messes at the Kwik-E-Mart.
According to Apu, they act as a ravenous swarm of locusts that always eat, scream, grab, poke, pull, and drool.
Because of their identical nature and limited amount of character focus, people often get the identities of each octuplet confused. However, the main differences that distinguish one octuplet from the other are their hairstyles and facial appearances.
- Poonam: Has a full head of hair.
- Sashi: Has a ponytail in the shape of a paintbrush and a Vegeta-like hairline.
- Pria: Has a ponytail in the shape of a palmtree.
- Uma: Has short curly hair.
- Anoop: Has an overbite.
- Sandeep: Has curly hair.
- Nabendu: Has shaggy hair and originally has his eyes shut in later episodes before Season 13.
- Gheet: Has an overbite.
List of OctupletsEdit
- Poonam Nahasapeemapetilon
- Sashi Nahasapeemapetilon
- Pria Nahasapeemapetilon
- Uma Nahasapeemapetilon
- Anoop Nahasapeemapetilon
- Sandeep Nahasapeemapetilon
- Nabendu Nahasapeemapetilon
- Gheet Nahasapeemapetilon
In the future seen in "Holidays of Future Passed", each of the octuplets have octuplets of their own. They work with their father at the Kwik-E-Mart, and try to stop Snake Jailbird, now a cyborg, from once again robbing the Kwik-E-Mart.
- Episode – "Gump Roast"
- Episode – "The Blue and the Gray"
- Episode – "Exit Through the Kwik-E-Mart"
- Episode – "Penny-Wiseguys"
- Comic book – Simspons Comics #191 - Breaking Bart
- Video game – The Simpsons: Hit and Run
- Comic book – Bart Simpson 9 "Hill of Beans"
- Comic book – Simspons Comics #69 - In Burn$ We Tru$t (At the Kwik-E-Mart)
- Comic book – Simspons Comics #85 - Simpsons Family Circus (Dressed as Maggie)
- Comic book – Simspons Comics #121 - The Town that Time Forgot (At the Kwik-E-Mart)
- Comic book – Simspons Comics #146 - A Skate With Destiny! (Marge jumps over the octuplets, during a roller skating chase)
- Comic book – Simspons Comics #164 - Pardon My Clunker (In the car at the Krusty Burger drive-thru)
- Comic book – Simspons Comics #184 - Karmageddon
- Comic book – Simspons Comics #198 - Donut Disturb (In the competition)
- Comic book – The Simpsons Winter Wingding #1 - Springfield's Letters to Santa (While Apu writes to Santa)
- Comic book – The Simpsons Winter Wingding #2 - The Christmas That Lasted Forever! (At Dr. Hibbert's)
- Comic book – Maggie - Goodnight Buffoon (Sleeping in the drawer)
- In the Simpsons Comics #85 - "Simpsons Family Circus", the Octuplets who dress like Maggie Simpson have generic character designs .
- Based on the mathematical subtraction of the all the times Homer, Marge, and Bart gave Manjula fertility drugs, the Nahasapeemapetilons would've only had quintuplets. However, if Apu didn't slip fertility drugs into her breakfast squishee, she would've possibly had a minimum of quadruplets, based on her own usage of fertility drugs.
- The 30 year old versions of the Octuplets in Holidays of Future Passed do not bear any resemblance to any of the current Octuplets. It's also hinted that they too gotten married, due to the sindoor on women, and have octuplets of their own.
- ↑ Simpsons Comics #85 - Simpsons Family Circus, p.g. 16