- ―The Nahasapeemapetilon Octuplets[src]
- “You have octuplets. It rolls off of your tongue, and into your heart. (Dreamily) Octuplets.”
- ―Marge Simpson[src]
- “Oh, they're a ravenous swarm of locusts. Just eating and screaming and grabbing and poking and pulling and drooling and two have cradle rash. How do you get cradle rash when you sleep in a suitcase!?”
- ―Apu, after the first night.[src]
- “You know, if he can handle that, maybe we can handle this bunch (indicates their children).”
- “Ah, aren't they sweet. Any medical things I should know about?”
- ―Homer Simpson[src]
The eight octuplets consist of four girls and four boys, who were born as a result of fertility drugs that Manjula took as well as from Apu, who planted them in her breakfast Squishee, and from Marge, Homer and Bart after she and Apu decided that they wanted a baby and then telling the Simpson family.
One season later after their initial introduction, the octuplets have been redesigned to look as if they were approximately two years old. In addition to this, they are now able to walk on their own and have been given matching clothes based on their genders.
Throughout the rest of the series, the octuplets are generally shown to be a handful, much to the stress and chagrin of Apu and Manjula. Because of this, Apu has to hold on to them with child harnesses whenever he takes them out in public. The octuplets can often been seen making messes at the Kwik-E-Mart.
According to Apu, they act as a ravenous swarm of locusts that always eat, scream, grab, poke, pull, and drool.
Because of their identical nature and limited amount of character focus, people often get the identities of each octuplet confused. However, the main differences that distinguish one octuplet from the other are their hairstyles and facial appearances.
List of Octuplets
- Poonam Nahasapeemapetilon
- Sashi Nahasapeemapetilon
- Pria Nahasapeemapetilon
- Uma Nahasapeemapetilon
- Anoop Nahasapeemapetilon
- Sandeep Nahasapeemapetilon
- Nabendu Nahasapeemapetilon
- Gheet Nahasapeemapetilon
In the future seen in "Holidays of Future Passed", each of the octuplets have octuplets of their own. They work with their father at the Kwik-E-Mart, and try to stop Snake Jailbird, now a cyborg, from once again robbing the Kwik-E-Mart.
- In the Simpsons Comics #85 - "Simpsons Family Circus", the Octuplets who dress like Maggie Simpson have generic character designs .
- Based on the mathematical subtraction of all the times Homer, Marge, and Bart gave Manjula fertility drugs, the Nahasapeemapetilons would've only had quintuplets. However, if Apu didn't slip fertility drugs into her breakfast squishee, she would've possibly had a minimum of quadruplets, based on her own usage of fertility drugs.
- The 30 year old versions of the Octuplets in Holidays of Future Passed do not bear any resemblance to any of the current Octuplets. It's also hinted that they too had gotten married, due to the sindoor on women, and have octuplets of their own.
- They have American accents despite being born to Indian parents.
- ↑ Simpsons Comics #85 - Simpsons Family Circus, p.g. 16