|The Man Who Came to Be Dinner||
|D'oh!||This article is a stub. You can help the wiki by embiggening it.|
- If you don't count the credits appearances, this episode features the least amount of recurring characters in the series' history. Asides from the Simpson family (including Abe who appears at the end of this episode), and Kang and Kodos (that are rather non-canonical characters), only Raphael and Fat Tony (or Fit Fat Tony) appear. Only all the shorts are outranked by this episode in doing so.
- This also can be considered the only episode, apart from the THOH specials, to be considered non-canon, owing to the fact that the events are considered rather fantasious.
- Neither the Billboard gag or the Chalkboard gag appeared in this episode.
- The last time the credits hadn't featured it characteristic black background at all was on "Treehouse of Horror VI", in which a live action scene covered the entire segment. In this case, still images are covering the segment. If you don't count the mentioned THOH episode because it is a special or is not canonical, the last one had been "Marge On The Lam", in which a still image of the Springfield Police was shown. Coincidentally, both this episode and the above mentioned only feature the Couch Gag.
- This is the first episode to be aired in 2015.
- Kodos is referred to as male by Homer during the ritual preparation.
- The potato chip scene is a throwback to "Deep Space Homer" and "Two Dozen And One Greyhounds".
- This episode aired just three days prior to the Charlie Hebdo shooting.
- The episode title is a pun on the film The Man Who Came to Dinner.
- Diz-Nee Land is a parody of Disneyland. The fact the company bought out Cosmic Wars is a reference to the fact that Disney bought out Star Wars. Country Storm Trooper Jamboree is reference to Country Bear Jamboree. Jim Jam Bonks Wild Ride is a reference to Jar Jar Binks and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Mr. Bugs Slow Ride references this as well.
- The scene of them boarding the helicopter is a reference to the end of the Vietnam war where people crowded helicopters at the US Embassy to escape communist North Vietnam.
- The fact that Pirates of the Caribbean was revamped was based on complaints that the pirates were drinking and chasing women.
- A scene with the UFO references the original Asteroids video game.
- The Silver Surfer makes an appearance.
- The Xenomorphs from Alien are seen caged at Rigel 7, and reference to the Treehouse of Horror XXV "The Others" segment's Married.. With Children Syfy version.
- Homer's "And awaaaay we go!" references Rick Sanchez's catchphrase in Rick and Morty.
- Rocky the Flying Squirrel makes an appearance in space with two aliens. He then says "Hokey Smokes! I can't survive in these conditions!" and dies of explosive decompression.
- The two billboards are written in Basic, an alphabet from Star Wars. The first billboard says "have your cups lost their suck ? - Suckream", the second one says "Larry H. Zeeblezorp".
- The magazine UFO Today references USA Today.
- The announcers who comment on Homer's walk have hair patterned after Caesar Flickerman and Claudius Templesmith from the film version of The Hunger Games.
- The party at the secret rebel base is a reference to the pre-battle celebration in The Matrix Revolutions.
- The ending credits contain images referencing Star Trek episodes.
- Marge as Vina the Orion slave girl, from the TOS pilot "The Cage".
- Homer as Kirk fighting the Gorn captain, from the TOS episode "Arena".
- Akira as Sulu wielding a rapier, from the TOS episode "The Naked Time". Fitting, as both Akira and Sulu were played by George Takei.
- Lisa as the Borg Queen, from the movie First Contact.
- Skinner as Spock dealing with hundreds of the Crazy Cat Lady's Tribbles, who resemble cat heads, from the TOS episode "The Trouble with Tribbles".
- Bart wearing a TOS sciences uniform while crawling through a Jeffries Tube.
- Lenny and Carl as Lokai, and Eddie and Lou as Bele, from the TOS episode "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield".
- Homer as Kirk, with the three Providers (brain aliens) in the TOS episode "Gamesters of Triskelion".
- Milhouse as a Ferengi.
- Barney as Mudd, with Patty and Selma as androids, from the TOS episode "I, Mudd".
- Mr. Burns as Balok, from the TOS episode "The Corbomite Maneuver".
- Homer says but it's not Halloween when Kang and Kodos appear, referencing the Treehouse of Horror series.
- Fat Tony is shown in the park with a gun, even though he died in the episode Donnie Fatso. It's clearly his cousin Fit Tony.
- Marge rips off the paper in four, but all five family members recieved a piece of paper.
- After Rocky exploded due to being in outer space, his red blood turned green on the two aliens and blue on the meteorite.
|◄ Season 25||Season 26 References/Trivia||Season 27 ►|
|Clown in the Dumps • The Wreck of the Relationship • Super Franchise Me • Treehouse of Horror XXV • Opposites A-Frack • Simpsorama • Blazed and Confused • Covercraft • I Won't Be Home for Christmas • The Man Who Came to Be Dinner • Bart's New Friend • The Musk Who Fell To Earth • Walking Big & Tall • My Fare Lady • The Princess Guide • Sky Police • Waiting for Duffman • Peeping Mom • The Kids Are All Fight • Let's Go Fly a Coot • Bull-E • Mathlete's Feat|