|The Krusty the Clown Show|
|TV Show Information|
|Starring|| Krusty the Clown|
Former:Sideshow Raheem (formerly)
Sideshow Bob (formerly)
Lisa Simpson (formerly)
Nelson Muntz (formerly)
|Country of Origin||United States|
|Channel||Channel 6 (1978-2000)|
The Krusty the Clown Show, or the Krusty the Klown Show, is a popular children's variety show that airs in Channel 6 every afternoon at 4 PM, and is hosted by Krusty the Clown.
The Krusty the Klown Show began as early as 1957, and started off as a serious talk show. The show soon devolved into a children's entertainment show, and officially became one by 1978, which became extremely popular. The show involves slapstick humor, comedy skits starring members of the show, and occasional special guest stars.
At one point, the show was handed over to Sideshow Bob due to the fact that Krusty was convicted for attempted robbery, and the show was renamed the Sideshow Bob's Cavalcade of Whimsy, turning into an educational program for children. However, the show was handed back to Krusty after it was revealed that Sideshow Bob framed Krusty because Bob had enough of being the butt of Krusty's jokes .
The show faced competition with a popular ventriloquist show, the Gabbo show, which caused the show to drop in ratings and was soon cancelled. Siblings Bart and Lisa helped Krusty to air a comeback special, starring many celebrities including Luke Perry and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. The show soon became popular again, while the Gabbo show fell from grace due to the doll accidentally swearing at the audience .
Later, the show was criticized by the FCC for not being educational enough. In response, a children's news segment called "Kidz News" was created, with children being the news anchors. The segment gained popularity after Bart Simpson became an anchor for the segment and created an additional human interest segment called "Bart's People". The segment was later cancelled and replaced .
In 2001, the Krusty the Klown Show faced competition with another show once again, this time with a quiz show called "Me Wantee!". Fed up with Network Executives attempting to get him to drastically change the content of the show, Krusty announces his retirement. The last episode of the show was a special Farewell episode. During the episode, Sideshow Bob, who was released from prison days before, planned to kill Krusty in revenge over Krusty constantly mistreating Bob during his career. To kill Krusty, Bob brainwashed and hypnotized Bart Simpson into killing Krusty, and straps bombs on Bart which will detonate when Bart comes up to hug Krusty onstage after Krusty's speech to the audience. However, Krusty unexpectedly apologized to Bob onstage for mistreating Bob, causing Bob to do everything he can to stop Bart. Mr. Teeny ultimately saved Krusty by throwing Bart's bomb strap into a room full of network executives, killing them instead. The show's ratings rose once again due to Sideshow Bob's attempted murder (which Krusty enjoys due to the ratings that are brought to the show every time Bob attempts to kill him).
Some time during the show's history, Krusty and Sideshow Mel shot episodes of "The Krusty the Klown Show" in German for German consumption (This is a reference to a similar situation that occurred to the Monty Python troupe, who were compelled to create special German-language episodes of Monty Python's Flying Circus to clear German-specific content laws that were in force in West Germany at the time. The episodes were filmed at a Bavarian TV studio in German.). After Kent Brockman uttered one of America's worst swears during a live broadcast of Smartline, and as a consequence landed Channel 6 with a $10,000,000 fine from the FCC, Krusty's show was negatively affected due to being on Channel 6, and had to make huge cutbacks, including being forced to have Krusty provide the voice acting for their current Itchy and Scratchy episode due to not being able to afford to pay the regular voice actors due to the fine, a decision that greatly irritated Krusty and horrified the audience when they watched the I&S episode in question.
The Itchy and Scratchy ShowEdit
Members of the Krusty the Clown ShowEdit
- Krusty the Clown (host), (1957, 1970-2000)
- Mr. Teeny (1983-2000)
- Sideshow Mel (Krusty's Sidekick) (1990-2000)
- Tina Ballerina (?-2000)
- Little Bearded Woman
- Corporal Punishment
- Sideshow Bob (former, incarcerated, 1986-1990)
- Bart Simpson (former, 2007)
- Lisa Simpson (former, 2008)
- Sideshow Raheem (former, 1977)
- Princess Penelope (former, 2010)
- Holly Hippie (former, 1979)
- George Meany
- Luke Perry
- Robert Frost
- Rabbi Hyman Krustofski
- Sideshow Bob
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Ravi Shanker
- Bette Midler
- Johnny Carson
- Hugh Hefner
- Buck McCoy (Fired)
- Episode – "The Telltale Head"
- Episode – "Krusty Gets Busted"
- Episode – "Itchy & Scratchy & Marge"
- Episode – "Brush with Greatness"
- Episode – "Like Father, Like Clown"
- Episode – "Treehouse of Horror II "
- Episode – "Radio Bart"
- Episode – "Lisa the Greek"
- Episode – "Dog of Death"
- Episode – "Treehouse of Horror III"
- Episode – "Marge Gets a Job"
- Episode – "Lisa's First Word" (flashback)
- Episode – "I Love Lisa"
- Episode – "The Front"
- Episode – "Krusty Gets Kancelled"
- Episode – "Homer Goes to College"
- Episode – "Lady Bouvier's Lover"
- Episode – "Bart of Darkness"
- Episode – "Itchy & Scratchy Land"
- Episode – "Homie the Clown"
- Episode – "'Round Springfield"
- Episode – "Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming"
- Episode – "Marge Be Not Proud"
- Episode – "Bart the Fink"
- Episode – "The Day the Violence Died"
- Episode – "The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show"
- Episode – "The Last Temptation of Krust" (with Kent Brockman)
- Episode – "Treehouse of Horror IX"
- Episode – "Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder"
- Episode – "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge"
- Episode – "Day of the Jackanapes"
- Episode – "The Lastest Gun in the West"
- Episode – "All About Lisa"
- Episode – "Once Upon a Time in Springfield"
- Episode – "Lisa Simpson, This Isn't Your Life"
- Episode – "In the Name of the Grandfather" (German version)