|The Frying Dutchman|
|First Appearance||"New Kid on the Block|
The Frying Dutchman, owned by Captain Horatio McCallister, is a seafood restaurant in Springfield. There is no item on the menu that does not include seafood, even items that should normally not. The restaurant had an all-you-can-eat buffet, which Homer took advantage of, and nearly bankrupted the restaurant in the process when he ate constantly for hours on end and refused to leave even after the resteraunt had been closed. When Captain McCallister got annoyed at Homer for eating all the food, it turned into a court case. Although Homer technically won the court case, McCallister had Homer eat huge amounts of food in front of everyone at the restaurant like a side show attraction. as part of an "out-of-court settlement".
The restaurant is notorious for its poorly-prepared seafood. Homer gave the restaurant a bad review, but despite the Captain's hatred of Homer for giving the bad review, he placed the bad review on the door anyway, as it was a convenient way to cover up the "D" from the Health Inspection Agency.
- Episode – "New Kid on the Block"
- Episode – "King-Size Homer" (indirect mention)
- Episode – "Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner?"
- Video game – The Simpsons Road Rage
- Video game – The Simpsons Game
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- Book – The Simpsons Guide to Springfield
- Episode – "The Wettest Stories Ever Told"