|The Food Wife||
- The title of the episode is a reference to the television show The Good Wife.
- Homer takes Bart and Lisa to the E4 convention (Expensive Electronic Entertainment Expo), a parody of the annual E3 videogame convention. The sequence parodies many franchises and products from the videogame industry:
- The statues outside the convention hall feature the Master Chief from the Halo series, a Bouncer Big Daddy from BioShock, and John Madden from EA's Madden series.
- Furious Fliers, a parody of Angry Birds is being played outside the convention hall.
- Bart plays Guts of War II: Entrails of Intestinox, a parody of God of War II.
- Lisa plays Marching Band, a parody of the Rock Band series.
- As homer takes Bart and Lisa to Hall G, he switches weapons from a frisbee to a fire extinguisher. The crowbar and pistol are a reference to the Half-Life series.
- Homer inserts quarters into a GameStation 3, a parody of the PlayStation 3.
- Funtendo unveils their new system the Zii ZU, a parody of Nintendo and their Wii U console.
- Other booths and signs feature:
- Grand Theft Scratchy and Grand Theft Scratchy: Itchy City Stories, which reference the Grand Theft Auto series and a callback to The Simpsons Game.
- The Mapple booth features the slogan "Think Differently", which references Apple and it's "Think Different" advertising slogan.
- GameStation, a parody of the PlayStation brand.
- Protovision, a reference to game publisher Activision.
- World of KrustCraft, a parody of the MMORPG World of Warcraft.
- Jalo, a reference to the Halo game series.
- Ybox 360, a reference to the Xbox 360 game console.
- Nokami, a reference to game publisher Konami.
- Electronic Crafts, a reference to game publisher Electronic Arts.
- Shaun White: Time Snowboarder, a parody of Shaun White Snowboarding.
- Dig Dug Revelations, a reference to the videogame Dig Dug.
- Driver's License 2: License To Drive, a parody of the Driver series.
- Assassin's Creed: Summer of Love, a parody of the Assassin's Creed series.
- Human Centipede, which references the videogame Centipede and the film Human Centipede.
- Blocko Cosmic Wars, a reference to the Lego Star Wars series.
- Blocko Angelica Button, a reference to the Lego Harry Potter series.
- Q-bert Origins, a reference to the arcade game Q*bert.
- Medal of Duty, a parody of the Medal of Honor and Call of Duty game series.
- A statue depicting a female Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Ratatouille: The meth lab worker's revelation about food, complete with zoom in through his eye into his memory of his childhood, is an allusion to Anton Ego's experience when he eats the ratatouille Remy prepared for him.
- The Swedish Chef from "The Muppets" television series appears in the episode.
- The Ethiopian pop song heard on the soundtrack is "Nama," performed by Fikre-Addis Nekatebeb.
- This episode show that the family have at least four computers (Three laptops and the personal computer in Lisa's bedroom).
- When Lisa is playing Marching Band, a screen with various college logos is displayed. One of the colleges, Ohio State University, only has the "OS" when in reality, it is always abbreviated as "OSU".