The Twelfth Season was released August 18, 2009 in the US. It featured the episodes from the twelfth season. The spine features Matt Groening and Rainier Wolfcastle on one side and Agnes Skinner and Handsome Pete on the other.
|Region 1||Region 2||Region 4|
|August 18, 2009||September 28, 2009||September 2, 2009|
- Treehouse of Horror XI
- A Tale of Two Springfields
- Insane Clown Poppy
- Lisa the Tree Hugger
- Homer vs. Dignity
- The Computer Wore Menace Shoes
- The Great Money Caper
- Skinner's Sense of Snow
- Pokey Mom
- Worst Episode Ever
- Tennis the Menace
- Day of the Jackanapes
- New Kids on the Blecch
- Hungry, Hungry Homer
- Bye Bye Nerdie
- Simpson Safari
- Optional commentaries for all 21 episodes
- Introduction from Matt Groening
- Deleted scenes with optional commentaries and option to watch during the episodes.
- Featurette: "Comic Book Guy: Best. Moments. Ever."
- Featurette: "The Global Fanfest"
- Sketch gallery
- Animation Showcases
- Illustrated commentaries
- Special language feature
Easter Eggs Edit
Highligting Sideshow Mel's bone will show some easter eggs for certain episodes:
- Treehouse of Horror XI: A deleted scene
- A Tale of Two Springfields: A signed The Who poster
- Skinner's Sense of Snow: A deleted scene
- HOMЯ: A Daily Variety poster
- Hungry, Hungry Homer: A newspaper article about Albuquerque's Isotopes.
There is an easter egg on disc 3 showing a newspaper article about Simpsons DVDs being released, and on disc 4 there is an easter egg with an animatic from making the DVD menus. How to navigate to these two videos is currently unknown.
This is the first boxset in Australia to receive an 'M' rating (All previous boxsets were rated 'PG'). However, unlike the BBFC '12' rating. No restrictions are applied to material rated 'M' meaning that material rated under this category can be exhibited by people of any age. Though the Australian Classification Board recommends that 'M' rated material be viewed by Matures Audiences (Usually people 15 years and over).