The Twelfth Season is the title of the home video release of Season 12 of The Simpsons. It was released on August 18th, 2009 for Region 1. It was released on September 28th, 2009 for Region 2. It was released on September 2nd, 2009 for Region 4. It was released on DVD.
The box set comes in two varieties: a limited edition Comic Book Guy head-shaped box and a standard rectangular box with artwork prominently featuring Comic Book Guy.
- Treehouse of Horror XI
- A Tale of Two Springfields
- Insane Clown Poppy
- Lisa the Tree Hugger
- Homer vs. Dignity
- The Computer Wore Menace Shoes
- The Great Money Caper
- Skinner's Sense of Snow
- Pokey Mom
- Worst Episode Ever
- Tennis the Menace
- Day of the Jackanapes
- New Kids on the Blecch
- Hungry, Hungry Homer
- Bye Bye Nerdie
- Simpson Safari
- Optional commentaries for all 21 episodes
- Introduction from Matt Groening
- Deleted scenes with optional commentaries and option to watch during the episodes.
- Featurette: "Comic Book Guy: Best. Moments. Ever."
- Featurette: "The Global Fanfest"
- Sketch gallery
- Animation Showcases
- Illustrated commentaries
- Special language feature
Highlighting Sideshow Mel's bone will show some Easter eggs for certain episodes:
- Treehouse of Horror XI: A deleted scene
- A Tale of Two Springfields: A signed The Who poster
- Skinner's Sense of Snow: A deleted scene
- HOMЯ: A Daily Variety poster
- Hungry, Hungry Homer: A newspaper article about Albuquerque's Isotopes.
There is an Easter egg on disc 3 showing a newspaper article about Simpsons DVDs being released, and on disc 4 there is an Easter egg with an animatic from making the DVD menus.
- This is the first boxset in Australia to receive an 'M' rating (All previous boxsets were rated 'PG'). However, unlike the BBFC '12' rating. No restrictions are applied to material rated 'M' meaning that material rated under this category can be exhibited by people of any age. Though the Australian Classification Board recommends that 'M' rated material be viewed by Matures Audiences (Usually people 15 years and over).