The Complete Second Season was released on August 6, 2002 in North America, and July 8, 2002 in the United Kingdom and Ireland. It was the second box set to be released, coming about a year after the first season. It contains all 22 episodes from season two.
The packaging is based on the couch gag where the family come in with their heads on the wrong bodies. The spine features Homer and Bart on the outer casing, and Marge and Lisa on the inner casing. Each disc's picture features a Simpson's body with only the head cut out of it, due to the disc losing space for it (on purpose). The picture behind each disc, when you take the disc off of its centered holder in the package, shows the Simpson sitting at a table with three other Springfield residents. Before each disc loads to its main menu, it shows the four Springfield residents from the disc's picture behind it (in the package), and their heads are not on the right bodies. You have to click on the hand in the center three times before the heads are on the right bodies, and the main menu will also appear at that time. The main menu for each disc has each preceding episode below each other.
- "Bart Gets an "F""
- "Simpson and Delilah"
- "Treehouse of Horror"
- "Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish"
- "Dancin' Homer"
- "Dead Putting Society"
- "Bart vs. Thanksgiving"
- "Bart the Daredevil"
- "Itchy & Scratchy & Marge"
- "Bart Gets Hit by a Car"
- "One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish"
- "The Way We Was"
- "Principal Charming"
- "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?"
- "Bart's Dog Gets an F"
- "Old Money"
- "Brush with Greatness"
- Audio commentary for all 22 episodes
- Interview with Matt Groening and James L. Brooks
- The Simpsons' presentation at the Emmy Awards on September 16, 1990
- Footage of Nancy Cartwright presenting at the American Music Awards in a Bart Simpson costume on January 28, 1991
- Two popular music videos (with additional commentary)
- "The Creation of an Episode" featurette with David Silverman showing the process of animating an episode; specifically "The Raven" segment of "Treehouse of Horror"
- Butterfinger commercials:
- "No Teasing"
- "The Bully"
- "The Shock"
- Five foreign language clips for "Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish" in the following languages: French, German, Hungarian, Portuguese, and Spanish
- Eighteen magazine covers from 1990 and 1991
- Storyboards for the following:
- Art of The Simpsons: numerous sketches
- Thank you message to David Silverman for providing early sketches and drawings (accessed by pressing up, then right, to highlight Blinky in the "Language Selection" menu of "Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish")
- Four bizarre sketches of Bart (accessed by pressing up, then right, to highlight the torn quilt that Santa's Little Helper has in his mouth in the "Language Selection" menu of "Bart's Dog Gets an F")
- Gag drawing of Grampa (accessed by pressing left to highlight Grampa's hat in the root menu of "Old Money")
- Model design sheet and sketches of Mr. Burns (accessed by pressing up, then right, to highlight the Burns painting in the "Language Selection" menu of "Brush with Greatness")
- Funny sketch of Bart, Milhouse and Martin (accessed by pressing up, then right, to highlight the baseball card Comic Book Guy is holding in the "Language Selection" menu of "Three Men and a Comic Book")
- Sketches of Homer's acting poses for the "Living in a world of make believe" scene (accessed by pressing up, then right, to highlight the olmec head's eyes in the "Language Selection" menu of "Blood Feud")
- Extra storyboard/deleted scene in storyboard format (accessed by pressing up on the 11th page of storyboards for "Bart Gets an "F"")
- "Simpson and Delilah": A bit of the audio commentary is cut out from the UK DVD release.
|The Complete Second Season||