The Complete Second Season was released on August 6, 2002 in North America, and July 8, 2002 in the United Kingdom and Ireland. It was the second box set to be released, coming about a year after the first season. It contains all 22 episodes from season two.
The packaging is based on the couch gag where the family come in with their heads on the wrong bodies. The spine features Homer and Bart on the outer casing, and Marge and Lisa on the inner casing. Each disc's picture features a Simpson's body with only the head cut out of it, due to the disc losing space for it (on purpose). The picture behind each disc, when you take the disc off of its centered holder in the package, shows the Simpson sitting at a table with three other Springfield residents. Before each disc loads to its main menu, it shows the four Springfield residents from the disc's picture behind it (in the package), and their heads are not on the right bodies. You have to click on the hand in the center three times before the heads are on the right bodies, and the main menu will also appear at that time. The main menu for each disc has each preceding episode below each other.
Disc Features Edit
Disc 1 Edit
- "Simpson and Delilah"
- "Bart Gets an "F""
- "Dancin' Homer"
- "Treehouse of Horror"
- "Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish"
- "Dead Putting Society"
Disc 2 Edit
- "Bart vs. Thanksgiving"
- "Bart the Daredevil"
- "Bart Gets Hit by a Car"
- "Itchy & Scratchy & Marge"
- "One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish"
- "The Way We Was"
Disc 3 Edit
- "Principal Charming"
- "Bart's Dog Gets an F"
- "Old Money"
- "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?"
- "Homer vs. Lisa and the 8th Commandment"
- "Brush with Greatness"
Disc 4 Edit
Bonus features Edit
- Audio commentary on all episodes by Matt and the crew.
- Interview with Matt Groening and James L. Brooks recorded during the second season.
- The Simpsons' presentation at the Emmy Awards on September 16, 1990, achieved by compositing animation over live action.
- Footage of Nancy Cartwright presenting at the American Music Awards in a Bart suit on January 28, 1991.
- Two popular music videos (with additional commentary).
- "The Creation of an Episode" featurette with David Silverman showing the process of animating an episode; specifically the third segment of "Treehouse of Horror".
- Three Butterfinger commercials featuring Bart:
- "No Teasing"
- "The Bully"
- "The Shock"
- Five foreign language clips from "Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish".
- Eighteen magazine covers from 1990 and 1991.
- Numerous drawings and sketches.
Easter eggs Edit
- Thank you message to David Silverman for providing early sketches and drawings (accessed by highlighting Blinky in the "Language Selection" menu of "Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish").
- Four bizarre drawings of Bart's head (accessed by highlighting the torn quilt that Santa's Little Helper is chewing on in the "Language Selection" menu of "Bart's Dog Gets an F").
- Gag drawing of Abe Simpson (accessed by highlighting Grampa's fez in the root menu of "Old Money").
- Model design sheet for Mr. Burns (accessed by highlighting the picture frame in the "Language Selection" menu of "Brush with Greatness").
- Odd drawing of Bart, Milhouse and Martin (accessed by highlighting the baseball card Comic Book Guy is holding in the "Language Selection" menu of "Three Men and a Comic Book").
- Acting poses of Homer for the "Living in a World of Make Believe" sequence (accessed by highlighting the statue's eyes in the "Language Selection" menu of "Blood Feud").
- Extra storyboard (accessed by pressing up on the 11th page of storyboards for "Bart Gets an "F"")
- "Simpson and Delilah": A bit of the audio commentary is cut out from the UK DVD release.
|The Complete Second Season||