Talkin' Softball is a parody of Terry Cashman's song "Talkin' Baseball" performed by Cashman himself heard at the end of Homer at the Bat. The original song was written by Cashman, while the parody lyrics were written by Jeff Martin. It is the forty-third track on the album Go Simpsonic with The Simpsons.
- Well, Mr. Burns had done it,
- The Power Plant had won it,
- With Roger Clemens clucking all the while,
- Mike Scioscia's tragic illness made us smile,
- While Wade Boggs lay unconscious on the bar-room tile.
- We're talkin' softball,
- From Maine to San Diego,
- Talkin' softball,
- Mattingly and Canseco,
- Ken Griffey's grotesquely swollen jaw,
- Steve Sax and his run-in with the law,
- We're talkin' Homer,
- Ozzie and the Straw.
- (repeat chorus)