| Surly Duff|
|Hair||Unknown (covered by costume)|
|Occupation||Mascot for Duff Beer|
|Relatives|| Wife: Mrs. Surly Duff|
Children: Jr. Duff, Dry Duff and Lite Duff
|First Appearance||"Selma's Choice"|
|Voiced By||Dan Castellaneta|
Surly Duff is one of The Seven Duffs. Along with the rest of the group, Surly is a mascot for Duff Beer and appears as a costumed character in places such as Duff Gardens. However, Surly has also been seen out in public on occasion.
Surly is the only one of the Seven Duffs who speaks. True to his name, Surly has a surly and cynical demeanor. Everything he says either has a cynical undercurrent behind it or is a direct put-down:
- "Hey, Surly only looks out for one guy ... Surly!"
- "Shut up."
- "Take a picture, it'll last longer. Get outta here!"
- While greeting people at the Duff Dayz Beer Festival, Surly says in a loud voice, "Drink Duff!" Then he covers his mouth with his hand and adds "Responsibly," in a much quieter voice.
Surly has also been seen in public on occasions when he wasn't acting as a representative for Duff Beer. When Marge Simpson accidentally got breast implants, Surly was among a crowd of men leering at her enhanced figure.
In 2004, Surly Duff was featured in Homer's ad as being a fellow member of Families Come First along with Kirk Van Houten, Bumblebee Man, and The Frank Nelson Type.
Behind the LaughterEdit
- The Seven Duffs are an obvious reference to, and pun on, the Seven Dwarfs from the Disney animated movie Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- Surly is one of only four Duffs named in their first appearance in "Selma's Choice." (The other three named in the episode were Tipsy, Queasy and Remorseful.)