The Stonecutters meet on Wednesday nights in a large headquarters, and their activities mostly involve drinking beer and playing Ping-Pong. Members are identified by number rather than name, assigned by the order in which they joined. At least 907 members had joined before Homer. There are only two ways to gain membership: Be the son of a Stonecutter (the society is men only) or save the life of a Stonecutter.
The initiation rites mainly involved pranks and being spanked with paddles. The final rite is an oath, the last line of which states that if the secret society is revealed, then the teller's "stomach become bloated, and [their] head plucked of all but three hairs" (Moe suggests that Homer should take a different oath).
The society has two stones, which are attached by a chain shackled around the wearers neck, then dragged. The Stone of Shame is used primarily for banishment; tradition dictates that the wearer be naked. The Stone of Triumph is the larger of the two, and is used for Coronation ceremonies.
The rewards are vast: They include reserved roads, better parking spaces, wonderful chairs, free soft drinks, and swift house repairs. Stonecutters are also told the real emergency services number - 912. The membership pack contains stickers to stop their cars being towed or their wallets stolen by paramedics. Also seen are a society t-shirt, robes, underwear, handbook and secret handshake. They are also rumored to have an algebraic secret base on the moon
Collapse and reformation Edit
On the night of their 1500th anniversary, Homer Simpson (who got to join because his father was a member) accidentally destroyed The Sacred Parchment. He was about to be banished forever, when Number One noticed that he bore the mark of the prophesied Chosen One. Homer became their new leader, and they went out of their way to impress him and let him succeed at everything (by rigging various games in his favor).
Homer felt isolated, and urged that The Stonecutters use their power to help other people. The society got increasingly annoyed with the humanitarian tasks that The Chosen One (Homer) kept setting them, believing them to be illegitimate excuses to manipulate them into beings thralls to what they were believing to be a totalitarian dictator. The World Council suggested that Homer be killed except Bush who suggested instead to do something to Homer's voice box, but Moe suggested of them "not wanting to be Stonecutters no more". The society went ahead with this plan, and the The Ancient Mystic Society of No Homers was born.
Stonecutter's Members (Springfield) Edit
- Number One (No. 1) [Voice by Patrick Stewart]
- Julius Hibbert (No. 2)
- Jasper Beardly (No. 5)
- Lenny Leonard (No. 12)
- Carl Carlson (No. 14)
- Moe Szyslak (No. 21)
- Joe Quimby (No. 22)
- Charles Montgomery Burns (No. 29)
- Krusty the Clown (No. 36)
- Katy Perry (No. 49)
- Clancy Wiggum (No. 50)
- An Alien (No. 51)
- Waylon Smithers, Jr. (No. 59)
- Kent Brockman (No. 66)
- Arnie Pye (No. 67)
- Disco Stu (No. 79)
- Groundskeeper Willie (No. 85)
- Abraham Simpson (No. 111)
- Professor Frink (No. 314)
- Seymour Skinner (No. 600)
- Homer Simpson (No. 908 / The Chosen One / Former)
- Herman Hermann
- Melvin Van Horne
- Kirk Van Houten
- Martin Prince, Sr.
- The Egg Council Guy
- Steve Guttenberg
- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
- Lionel Hutz
- Dewey Largo
- Scott Christian
- Barney Gumble
- Stonecutter's Painter
- Plumber from Stern Lecture Plumbing
- Edward Elric
- Lyra Janice Edison
- Rose Thomas
- May Chang
- Maria Ross
- Ling Yao
World Council Edit
Stonecutter Theme song Edit
The Stonecutter theme song goes as follows;
- Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down? We do, we do!
- Who keeps Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps? We do, we do!
- Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star? We do, we do!
- Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night? We do, we do!
In Video Games Edit
The Simpsons Road Rage Edit
In The Simpsons Road Rage, there is a Stonecutters lodge in the Springfield dam, where some people want to be driven to.
The Simpsons: Hit and Run Edit
In The Simpsons: Hit and Run, you can drive through the secret Stonecutters lodge in the first and fourth levels. It leads to the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant. Homer can also buy the Chosen One suit. There is also a secret card in the tunnel that mentions the Stonecutters and the episode, Homer the Great.
On June 3 2014, the Stonecutters were introduced to the mobile game. Prizes included skins for many of the characters who were in the organization, the table and the Stone of Triumph. The lodge and daycare were also added.
Real World Edit
- The Stonecutters are based on The Freemasons. Some aspects about them are also humorously based on the urban rumor of them being a front for the semi-fictional secret society organization, the Illuminati.
- In the World of Springfield line of toys, various Stonecutter figures were released.
- Episode – "Homer the Great"
- Video game – The Simpsons Road Rage Video game – The Simpsons Road Rage Video game – The Simpsons Road Rage Video game – The Simpsons Road Rage Video game – The Simpsons Road Rage
- Video game – The Simpsons: Hit and Run Video game – The Simpsons: Hit and Run Video game – The Simpsons: Hit and Run Video game – The Simpsons: Hit and Run Video game – The Simpsons: Hit and Run
- Mobile game - The Simpsons Tapped Out