- This article is about the Stephen Hawking character. For the real-life physicist and guest voice actor, please see Stephen Hawking.
| Stephen Hawking|
|First Appearance||"They Saved Lisa's Brain"|
Stephen Hawking is a British theoretical physicist. He arrived in Springfield hoping to see the perfect utopia created by the local MENSA group who had taken control but was dismayed to see it was more of a "fruitopia". When the townspeople began destroying a gazebo, he flew in to rescue Lisa, who was trapped within. As well as a propeller, he also has toothbrush and extending boxing glove (which he uses on Skinner) attachments. He later shares a beer with Homer at Moe's Tavern and plans to steal his "theory of a donut shaped universe", before using his boxing glove to hit Homer when he refuses to pay the bar tab. He was later shown in line to evacuate the Earth, and appeared again, and later used his propeller to get out of a corn maze.
- Even though in reality, Professor Hawking is almost completely paralyzed, the animated version of him can somehow make appropriate facial expressions, blink his eyes and move his hands. Also, Hawking cannot use his hands in reality, and is forced to use a brain-computer interface in order to operate the computer on his wheelchair and speak with the voice synthesizer.
- Episode – "They Saved Lisa's Brain"
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror X"
- Episode – "Don't Fear the Roofer"
- Episode – "Stop or My Dog Will Shoot!"
- Episode – "Elementary School Musical"