|Springfield Tire Yard|
|First Appearance||"Homer's Odyssey"|
The Springfield Tire Fire, colloquially known as the Springfield Tire Fire, is a lot where tires are disposed of and then burned. The fire that the yard holds has become more iconic than the yard itself, making it somewhat of a landmark in the town, as demonstrated by its appearance in the Opening Sequence of the TV show Eye on Springfield. It can be smelled in forty-six states.
When Springfield was preparing to host the Olympic Games, the Springfield Tire Yard's fire was extinguished by the fire department. After Bart insults the Olympic Committee they storm out of the town. While leaving the Russian representative flicks a cigarette out of his limousine window re-igniting the tire fire.
The fire was bulldozed into a sinkhole in "Adventures in Baby-Getting", buried under tons of asphalt, and put out; despite this, it has been seen merrily burning away in its old location since.
Non-canon appearances Edit
In "The Simpsons: Hit and Run", the Springfield Tire Yard is featured in the suburban level, operating as a stunt jump.
Behind the laughter Edit
The Tire Yard is one of the first things seen in the Opening Sequence when the camera pulls out of the clouds.
- Opening Sequence
- Episode – "Homer's Odyssey"
- Episode – "The Otto Show"
- Episode – "Sideshow Bob Roberts"
- Episode – "The Old Man and the "C" Student"
- Episode – "Grift of the Magi"
- Episode – "Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge"
- Episode – "The Squirt and the Whale"
- Episode – "Homer's Paternity Coot"
- Video game – The Simpsons Road Rage
- Video game – The Simpsons: Hit and Run
- The Simpsons Monopoly