Frequently Recurring Edit
Minor Characters Edit
- Don Vittorio DiMaggio - Commands the respect of the mob and even Fat Tony defers to him.
- Michael D'Amico - Fat Tony's son
- Frankie the Squealer - Soldier
- Jimmy the Snitch
- Unnamed Consigliere - Consigliere
- Lefty - Caporegime
- Righty - Caporegime
- Joe The Rogue - Soldier
- The Hat - Soldier
- Jimmy - Soldier/Hitman
- Joey (mafia) - Soldier
- Joey the Arsonist
- Dan Gillick - Accountant
- Snake Jailbird - Seen on chart
- Jimmy "The Axe"
- Tommy the Face-shooter
- Shotgun Pete
- Marion Anthony "Fat Tony" D'Amico (deceased) - boss
- Homer Simpson - Briefly Fat Tony's consigliere
- Bart Simpson (temporary)
- Nicky Bluepants Altosaxophony (undercover informant, actually Homer Simpson)
- Dante Calabresi (murder) - Dissident caporegime
- Dante Calabresi jr. (murder) - Dissident soldier
- Primo (murder) - Dissident soldier
- Johnny "Two Times" (temporary) - Soldier
- The Springfield mafia conducts its business and socializes in the Legitimate Businessman's Social Club.
- Gambling is one of the mob's ventures.
- The mafia has strong control over illegal fireworks sales and rats milk production.
- The mob helped out Marge Simpson's pretzel business by attacking her competitors.
- The mafia is also responsible for tobacco, drug, and alcohol trafficking. When Springfield reenacts Prohibition, he pays off police officers to smuggle the booze into the town.
- The mob offers protection to Krusty Burger from competitor restaurants such as McDonalds and Burger King.
- The mafia also built a wheelchair navigation ramp system for Springfield Elementary School which ended up collapsing, due to having been made out of breadsticks, before it could see official use (It was originally developed to help Bart get around the school when he was confined to a wheelchair, but that fell through after he made an unexpectedly quick recovery), which also forced Springfield Elementary to close permanently.
- They were gluing cotton balls on ferrets and selling them to pet shops, as toy poodles, in Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge -- until they were arrested by SpringShield.
The mafia often punishes people for things that are either an insult to them or if they don't pay back their debts. For instance, when Homer ended up borrowing money from Fat Tony and losing it in a football game, Fat Tony "hammered down" a payment plan by having Louie hammer Homer's hand (using two hammers if he mentioned Professor Pigskin).
Springfield Mafia FamiliesEdit
- The Calabresi crime family (poisoned)
- The Springfield mafia crime syndicate.
- Castellaneta crime family. (defunct)
Although not actually stationed in Springfield, the Cuomo, Travolta, Lasorda, and Boyardee Mafia families had ties to the Springfield mafia crime syndicate, and had once participated in a mafia summit (which ended up ruined due to Krusty the Clown and Homer Simpson unintentionally instigating a shootout from dropping various violin containers containing tommy guns while trying to retrieve the former's daughter's violin).
- It originally parodied the Corleone crime family from The Godfather series, and later Goodfellas and The Sopranos.
- Fat Tony's mafia has been seen in jail more than once, but usually escape easily.
- Episode – "Bart the Murderer"
- Episode – "Homie the Clown"
- Episode – "Mayored to the Mob"
- Episode – "Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge"
- Video game – The Simpsons: Hit and Run
- Episode – "The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer"
- Episode – "Donnie Fatso"
- Episode – "The Real Housewives of Fat Tony"
- Movie- The Simpsons movie