South Park is an American animated television program created by Trey Parker and Matt Stone for Comedy Central. It has been airing since 1997.
South Park references in The Simpsons
Milhouse and Bart are watching a spoof of South Park in the episode The Bart of War.
There's a South Park spoof in "O Brother, Where Bart Thou?", where Bart is dressed as Stan, Milhouse as Kyle, Nelson as Eric, and Ralph as Kenny. Otto hits Ralph with the school bus and exclaims "Oh my God, I killed Kenny!". But then Milhouse corrected him by saying "No you hit Ralph", but Otto told them that "I killed Kenny yesterday!". That's a reference to a recurring gag in the South Park series.
The couch gag for the episode The Cad and the Hat, featured Homer going to different animated shows to look for the family sailboat painting. One of the shows was South Park and the four main boys started cussing out at him, with everything they said, being bleeped out. At the end of the gag, Marge let out another censored profanity, brick joking the South Park reference.
The Simpsons references in South Park
The episode The Simpsons Already Did It is a complete spoof of The Simpsons. On the episode, Butters Stotch tries to create panic on South Park with his plans, but his sidekick, Dougie points out that all of his plans were already done in The Simpsons. These plans include:
- Build a giant wooden structure to block the sun, just like Mr. Burns did in Who Shot Mr. Burns? (Part One)
- Cut off the head of a statue, just like Bart did in The Telltale Head, however it backfired, as South Park residents tought it was a homage to The Simpsons.
- Sell a monorail to the city and escape with the money like Lyle Lanley did in Marge vs. the Monorail.
- Start a website to spread rumors about South Park's citizens, like Homer did in The Computer Wore Menace Shoes.
- Bury a winged skeleton so people think it's an angel, like in Lisa the Skeptic.
- Bring the World Cup to town and cause riots, like in The Cartridge Family.
- Shake beer cans with paint mixers to make them explode, like Bart did to Homer in So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show.
- Even though many characters are "simpsonized" they all look like actual characters from The Simpsons.
- Dougie - Bart
- Ms. Crabtree - Otto Mann
- Mr. Garrison - Smithers
- Chef - Dr. Hibbert
- News Anchor - Kent Brockman
- Ms. Choksondik - ?
- Mr. Mackey - Mr. Burns
- Stephen Stotch (Seen in a deleted scene) - Principal Skinner
- Linda Stotch (Also seen in a deleted scene but heard in the episode) - Mrs. Krabappel
- Stan, Kyle and Tweek - Martin
- Timmy - Ralph
- Cartman - Nelson
- Liane - Lunchlady Doris
- Mr. Hat - Groundskeeper Willie
The secondary plot is based on "The Genesis Tub" sketch from the episode Treehouse of Horror VII, where Eric Cartman accidentally creates inteligent sea creatures and they start worshiping him as a God, but another group of lifeforms start worshiping Tweek as a God and they battle against each other until they destroy the entire tank.
During Cartoon Wars Part II, a two parter episode mocking Family Guy, a character resembling Bart Simpson appears. The character seems to hate Family Guy (just like South Park). South Park seems to be mocking him for having an unearned badass persona.