||This article is a stub. You can help the wiki by embiggening it.
- The episode's plot seems to be based on that of the Star Trek episode "The City on the Edge of Forever", the writer of which, Harlan Ellison, was credited for the synopsis by Al Jean after the episode's announcement.
- Bart gives a brief overview on how Matt Groening came up with the concept for Bender.
- A billboard can be seen that reads The eBook Of Mormon, a reference to the musical The Book of Mormon.
- A Simpsons Comics book was released in 1996 with the name Simps-o-rama.
- A Simpsons/Futurama crossover has taken place in the comics, though the plot differs significantly.
- Bender has had a brief cameo in the episode "Future-Drama" which in itself is a reference to Futurama.
- Fry previously has also had a brief cameo in a couch gag.
- Fry and Leela made brief cameos at the end of "Beware My Cheating Bart".
- The 20th Century Fox Television logo was replaced with 30th Century Fox Television as seen at the end of every Futurama episode.
- Akabar and Binky from Life in Hell may be seen writing "Crossovers are Hell" on a building in New New York.
- This episode might be canon because Bender is seen in a season 27 episode called "Cue Detective". In that episode he is The Simpsons money safe.
- Panucci's Pizza is shown in Springfield when it is actually located in New York.
- Kang and Kodos are both considered female in this episode however it has been repeatedly stated that Kang is male and Kodos is female.
- Bart now mentions that his birthday is on February 23rd. However, his original birthdate was April 1st.
- There were seven creatures destroying the portal between the future and the present, but when the Simpsons and the Planet Express crew are sucked back into it, there's no creatures by the portal.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.