Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
After discovering that she is losing hair at an alarming rate, Marge Simpson decides to hire a nanny who can help relieve her of some chores. They start interviewing several candidates, but none of them are right for the job. Bart and Lisa sing a song about what they would consider the perfect nanny, and their wishes are answered when a woman with an umbrella glides down from the sky and introduces herself as Shary Bobbins, a parody of Mary Poppins. She seems perfect and is immediately hired. Shary Bobbins proves to be a big help for the Simpson family, helping the kids clean their rooms and even helping to make Mr. Burns happy. Marge recovers from her stress and her hair returns to normal. The next day, Shary Bobbins declares that her work is finished and leaves the Simpsons house. Just as she is starting to miss the Simpson family, she sees Homer throttling Bart; the family seems to have instantly reverted to its previous state of dysfunction. She realizes that her work is far from complete and decides to stay at the Simpsons house again. The family now starts to treat her rudely and lose interest in her songs and zest for life. Declaring that the Simpsons would be the death of her, she becomes depressed and starts drinking (and singing "Margaritaville") with Barney. The family realizes that they have crushed her spirit and decide to cheer her up. Marge tells Shary that nothing can be done to change the Simpsons and they are happy just the way they are. The family sings a song; Shary declares that the Simpsons are a bunch of apes and takes off with her magical umbrella. As Shary glides away, Lisa asks whether they will see her again and Homer is positive that they will. As he says these words, Shary is killed by being sucked into an airplane turbine.
She appears in The Simpsons: Tapped Out where she has been revived from the dead.
- Although she's dead, she has appeared in the new opening in Pranks and Greens and Treehouse of Horror XXV.
- A Robot version of her was seen in London, probably to honor her, or she probably was a robot the whole time.
- Lots of nannies that look like Shary Bobbins can be seen flying into London accompanied by "A Spoonful of Sugar" music from Mary Poppins in The Regina Monologues.
- It is possible she is from Scotland, as Willie says that back in the "old country" he was engaged to Shary Bobbins, and Willie comes from Scotland. However, Superintendent Chalmers said that Willie is an escaped mental patient, which means that Willie could be from England.
Behind the LaughterEdit
- Episode – "Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious"
- Episode – "Bart Gets a "Z"" (Opening sequence)
- Episode – "Pranks and Greens" (Opening sequence)
- Episode – "To Surveil With Love" (Robot)
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XXV" (cameo)
- Episode – "Much Apu About Something" (Opening sequence)
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
|Maude Flanders | Helen Lovejoy | Elizabeth Hoover | Luann Van Houten | Princess Kashmir | Mary Bailey | Shary Bobbins | Barbara Bush | Mona Simpson | Martha Quimby|