Comic Book Guy's video game clichés
- Obvious Weakness: shoot at Lard Lad's first hatch to get this cliché. "A must have for masters of the obvious."
- The living Lard Lad statue attacking the city is a reference to the "Treehouse of Horror VI" segment, "Attack of the 50-Foot Eyesores".
- Also, the Krusty dolls coming to life and attacking might be a reference to the doll featured in the "Treehouse of Horror III" segment, "Clown Without Pity".
- The title of the level is an obvious reference to the rather obscure videogame, "Shadow of the Colossus" which features the hero taking on giant monsters.
- The giant walking Lard Lad statue may be a reference to the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in Ghostbusters.
- In the Xbox and PS3 games Lard Lad has better AI and you can access the Springfield State Prison.
- In the PS2, Wii and PSP games Lard Lad has poorer range.
- In the DS game only Homer is playable and he has to lure Lard Lad into a power generator, killing him. Mini-Krustys are not featured.