Season 23 was announced in November 11, 2010. It premiered on September 25, 2011.
International broadcast from this season
|Country / Region||Channel||Premiere|
|Latin America countries||FOX||February 26, 2012|
|Hungary||Viasat 6||October 21, 2012|
|Australia||ELEVEN||October 26, 2011|
|Italy||Italia 1||March 4, 2013|
|Mauritius||MBC 1||March 12, 2014|
Regarding the show itself
- When a fan asked why there were no musical numbers in The Simpsons Movie, Jean said that they wound up on the cutting room floor, including a big song about Alaska, with music by The Eurythmics' Dave Stewart. "They got pretty far along in the animation, and then we got scared that the movie began to drag in that section," explained Jean, noting that the song will be included on the next DVD release of the movie.
- In answering a fan's question, Groening said that it was always his intention to not have the characters on the show age, thanks to the wonders of animation. But, as he quipped, "we may do it when we run out of ideas. That may be the last sad season of The Simpsons. Bart will turn 11."
- Two more "Banksy-eseque" gags occurred during the season.
- The 500th episode, titled "At Long Last Leave", aired February 19, 2012.
- The guest voices this season included Kiefer Sutherland, Jane Lynch, Michael Cera, Andy Garcia, Armie Hammer, Joan Rivers, Jeremy Irons, and Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim.
- Anthony Bourdain had a cameo in "The Food Wife".
- Bryan Cranston guest starred as Stradivarius Cane in "The Spy Who Learned Me", a suave Hollywood superspy.
- Although Lisa explored romantic possibilities with Michael Cera's character, "(...)she may ultimately find true love with a certain four-eyed nerd."
- The show bent its format with an episode that followed the saga of Moe's bar rag over hundreds of years, voiced by Jeremy Irons. ("Moe Goes from Rags to Riches")
- The family finally visited the last continent they had not yet been to, Antarctica. ("A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again").
- In one episode Mr. Burns had an iPad app called Angry Burns.
- One episode involved an Inception parody where one dream level was drawn in The Tracey Ullman Show style and Dan Castellaneta reverted to his old, Walter Matthau-inspired Homer voice for the segment. ("How I Wet Your Mother")
- Homer became a Glenn Beck-esque TV pundit and leader of the "Gravy Boat" movement. His preferred presidential candidate is Ted Nugent, who guest-stars. ("Politically Inept, with Homer Simpson")
- Homer became addicted to Stranded, a show that's based on Lost. The show ended 5 years previously but Homer wouldn't let anyone tell him how it ended.
- Lady Gaga, whose song Just Dance was heard in the Season 21 episode "Moe Letter Blues" returned as a guest star in "Lisa Goes Gaga".
|The Simpsons Season Directory|
| Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 •|
Season 10 • Season 11 • Season 12 • Season 13 • Season 14 • Season 15 • Season 16 • Season 17 •
Season 18 • Season 19 • Season 20 • Season 21 • Season 22 • Season 23 • Season 24 • Season 25 •
Season 26 • Season 27 • Season 28 • Season 29 • Season 30