|Original run||November 7, 2004 – May 15, 2005|
|No. of episodes||21|
|DVD boxet||The Complete Sixteenth Season|
- This season introduced Selma's daughter, Ling Bouvier.
- The season boxset was released in 2013 and The face on the cover of the box is Professor Frink.
- Many of the episodes had brief non-canon scenes going on behind the credits.
- All's Fair in Oven War: The couch is in a clearing and mounted on a catapult. The Simpsons sit down and get launched over a mountain range.
- Sleeping with the Enemy: The Simpsons run in and find that the couch is missing, but this time, the couch falls from the sky and crushes everyone.
- She Used To Be My Girl: All of the family members sit down as normal. The twist: The Simpsons now look like Moe Szyslak.
- Fat Man & Little Boy: After the family takes their usual places on the couch. The couch rises into the air and is actually part of an anglerfish deep in the ocean. The family screams as the anglerfish swallows them whole.
- Midnight Rx: With no music playing, the Simpsons sit on the couch as normal. Nothing happens. Lisa stares at the camera and says, “What? Can’t we sit on the couch without something happening?” Homer is then impaled by a spear and yells, “D’oh!” with everyone staring in shock.
- Mommie Beerest: The living room is made of sand (including the furnitures and fixtures). The family, looking haggard and dehydrated, crawls in, but ends up lying on their backs in a desert when the sand house collapses.
- Homer & Ned's Hail Mary Pass: The family climbs on top of the other, forming a totem pole, with Homer at the bottom and Maggie on top.
- Pranksta RAP: The family hops to the living room (with the floor as a chessboard) dressed as chess pieces: Homer is the king, Marge is the queen, Bart is a rook, Lisa is a knight, and Maggie is a pawn.
- There's Something About Marrying: The family, dressed as bruised and beaten hockey players (Marge, Bart, and Lisa each have a missing tooth while Homer has a missing tooth and a black eye), skate around the couch as "Charge!" plays on an organ. Homer is carrying the Stanley Cup with Maggie (the only one who isn't hurt) sitting in the bowl.
- Goo Goo Gai Pan: The living room is dark, with many eyes present. The lights go up, and many secondary characters appear behind a banner that reads, “Surprise!” The Simpsons come in and the characters yell, ”SURPRISE!” Homer immediately collapses from a heart attack.
- Mobile Homer: The Simpsons sit down as normal. Homer then unmasks himself, revealing himself to be Sideshow Bob, who brandishes a kitchen knife and chases after Bart.
- The Seven Beer Snitch: The Simpsons sit down on the couch. A roasting spit pierces through the couch and the floor below pulls back to reveal a fiery pit. The Simpsons are then spun around over the heat.
- Future Drama: Several toy forms of transportation come into the living room, only to change Transformers-style into the family.
- Don't Fear The Roofer: The couch scene is a near-complete jigsaw puzzle, with Homer’s and Maggie’s heads missing. Two hands (with five fingers on each hand instead of four and colored in a realistic peach skin tone instead of The Simpsons cartoonishly bright yellow) put the heads in place, then, noticing Homer and Maggie are switched, fixes them and says, "Whoo-hoo!".
- The Father, The Son, And The Holy Guest Star: The Simpsons float in as parade balloons. Snowball II pops the one that looks like Homer.
|The Simpsons Season Directory|
| Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 •|
Season 10 • Season 11 • Season 12 • Season 13 • Season 14 • Season 15 • Season 16 • Season 17 •
Season 18 • Season 19 • Season 20 • Season 21 • Season 22 • Season 23 • Season 24 • Season 25
Season 26 • Season 27