For others named Richard, see
We're never gonna get anything pass Principal Skinner.” ―Richard
Richard is a gray haired student at Springfield Elementary School and one of Bart's friends. His best friend is Lewis.
Richard appears frequently in events involving the
Springfield children. After school as shown in the second and third opening sequence, he often participates in the school band and plays catch with Milhouse and Lewis. In earlier seasons, he, along with Lewis, was commonly seen hanging out with Bart and Milhouse and was considered to be one of Bart's best friends and was often involved in his mischief. However, as Bart's time with Milhouse increased and as Nelson went from being an antagonist to a friend of Bart, Richard became far less often seen with Bart and was relegated to a background character who rarely speaks.
He usually wears a leather jacket. His hair usually stays gray, but for unknown reasons it will sometimes randomly be brown, black, blonde, and others.Also for some reason, his eyes are normally squinted.
Richard doesn't appear to be a very good student, for in the opening of the episode
Bart Gets a "Z", Mrs. Krabappel gave him an F in his Math exam. He also was involved with Bart's mischievous deeds and was part of the fourth graders that were going to brawl with the fifth graders. He was also seen strangling Ralph in one episode, which showed his wild personality. 
Non-Canon Appearances Edit
He is seen dancing with
Allison Taylor at the school prom.
Richard's first appearance.
Richard dressed as Millard J. Fillmore.
Richard at the Simpson house.
Richard's appearance in the "Shows Too Short" story.
Richard sitting next to
Richard and his classmates are angry at Edna.
Richard and his classmates glare at Milhouse.
Richard with the other fourth graders about to fight the fifth graders.
Richard wearing his gym clothes.
Richard strangling Ralph.
Richard with white hair and looking tired.
Richard's formal clothes.
Richard feeling embarrassed by Martin.
Richard drawing with the other boys.
Richard angry at his friend, Bart.
Richard wearing his purple swim trunks.
Richard laughing at Principal Skinner's lecture of Superintendent Chalmers crying like a girl.
Note:Many of his appearances are brief, background roles. Episodes in which he has an actual role are in bold.
– " Episode Bart the Genius" (Debut episode) – " Episode Homer's Odyssey"
– " Episode Bart the General"
– " Episode Moaning Lisa"
– " Episode The Telltale Head"
– " Episode Homer's Night Out"
– " Episode The Crepes of Wrath"
– " Episode Bart Gets an "F""
– " Episode Bart the Daredevil" – " Episode Itchy & Scratchy & Marge"
– " Episode Homer vs. Lisa and the 8th Commandment"
– " Episode Principal Charming"
– " Episode Lisa's Substitute"
– " Episode The War of the Simpsons"
– " Episode Bart the Murderer" – " Episode Marge Gets a Job"
– " Episode Brother from the Same Planet" (Riding in the back of a truck with Milhouse and Lewis)
– " Episode Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song"
– " Episode Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy" (Among the kids gathered in Bart's treehouse)
– " Episode Homer vs. Patty and Selma" – " Episode Lisa's Wedding"
– " Episode Team Homer"
– " Episode Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"" (In Bart's class)
– " Episode Lisa's Date with Density" (In the school's hallway with other kids)
– " Episode Hurricane Neddy" (Among the crowd cheering on Ned when he exits the mental institution)
– " Episode Homer's Phobia" (In the Simpsons' basement)
– " Episode Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendment" (Among the boys cheering on Bart at the St. Patrick's Day parade)
– " Episode Grade School Confidential" (In Bart's class)
– " Episode The Secret War of Lisa Simpson" (On a field trip at the police station)
– " Episode Bart Carny" (At the carnival)
– " Episode This Little Wiggy" (In Bart's Class)
– " Episode Simpson Tide"
– " Episode Girly Edition" (On the school's playground and in the newsroom of a t.v. station)
– " Episode King of the Hill" (At the church picnic playing Capture the Flag)
– " Episode Lisa Gets an "A"" (In Bart's class)
– " Episode Wild Barts Can't Be Broken" (In the neighborhood, throwing a frisbee)
– " Episode Sunday, Cruddy Sunday" (On a field trip at the post office)
– " Episode Simpsons Bible Stories" (Among the Hebrew slaves)
– " Episode The Old Man and the "C" Student" (On the bus)
– " Episode Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner?" (On the field at the
Springfield Shopper) – " Episode Take My Wife, Sleaze" (In Bart's class)
– " Episode Grift of the Magi" (Seen in Bart's class)
– " Episode It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge" (Seen in Bart's class)
– " Episode Homer vs. Dignity" (Among the spectators at the parade)
– " Episode Skinner's Sense of Snow" (In Bart's class and the cafeteria)
– " Episode Worst Episode Ever" (In the comic book store reading a comic)
– " Episode Hungry, Hungry Homer" (In Bart's class)
– " Episode Bye Bye Nerdie" (In Bart's class)
– " Episode Children of a Lesser Clod"
– " Episode Brawl in the Family" (On the school's jungle gym)
– " Episode The Lastest Gun in the West" (On the school's playground)
– " Episode Bart vs. Lisa vs. the Third Grade" (In Bart's class)
– " Episode Large Marge" (Among the kids gathered at the school's kiddie carousel)
– " Episode Special Edna" (Seen in Bart's class)
– " Episode The President Wore Pearls"
– " Episode Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples and Teens and Gays"
– " Episode The Haw-Hawed Couple" – " Episode Revenge is a Dish Best Served Three Times"
– " Episode We're on the Road to D'oh-where" (Appeared in the hallway and class)
– " Episode Girls Just Want to Have Sums"
– " Episode The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer" (Seen on the bus and at school)
– " Episode Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em" (Seen outside of the school having his backpack checked)
– " Episode The Haw-Hawed Couple"
– " Episode Yokel Chords"
– " Episode 24 Minutes"
– " Episode You Kent Always Say What You Want" (Appeared at Krustylu Studios)
– The Simpsons Movie
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found