Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Ribwich was a limited time menu item at fast food chain, Krusty Burger.
The Ribwich consisted of only the meat, the bun, and barbecue sauce. It was specifically not marketed as being nutritious or healthy. In the TV commercial for the Ribwich, the voice-over said, "We start with authentic, letter-graded meat, and process the hell out of it." The box the Ribwich was served in advertised it as "Now without lettuce!" and "Will cause early death!"
Homer tried a Ribwich and quickly developed a voracious appetite for them. Homer became hooked on Ribwiches, making frequent trips to Krusty Burger to eat more of them.
Much to Homer's dismay, the Ribwich was limited time only. However the Ribwich was being test-marketed nationwide, it was essentially on tour and would soon be served at another Krusty Burger. Homer got a copy of the schedule and joined up with a large throng of "Ribheads" who were following the Ribwich from place to place.
The last stop of the Ribwich's tour was in San Francisco, where Krusty the Clown appeared in person and announced that the Ribwich had been discontinued, as the unnamed animal whose meat was used for the burger had become extinct. Krusty held up the very last Ribwich and threw it to the crowd.
Non-Canon Appearances Edit
In The Simpsons: Hit and Run, the Squeaky-Voiced Teen offers Lisa to try a new version of the Ribwich. He believes she will enjoy it despite being a vegetarian because it does not actually contain meat, "just paste and MSG."
References / Trivia Edit
- The sandwich is first mentioned in the episode "I'm Spelling as Fast as I Can".
- The Ribwich is an obvious parody of the McDonald's McRib sandwich, which is also noted for its intermittent availability and the less than obvious origin of its meat.
- The "Ribheads" following the Ribwich are a reference to Deadheads, fans of the Grateful Dead who followed the band as it toured.
- In the PS3 and Xbox 360 version of The Simpsons Game, if Homer eats some food, he will say various foods. One of them is the Ribwich.
- When Krusty finishes talking to the crowd, he says, "What a long strange product rollout it's been," which is another Grateful Dead reference.
- The animal from which the Ribwich is made is never specified, but when someone mentions a pig as a possibility, Krusty replies, "Think smaller, and more legs." It could possibly be an insect, arachnid or some other multi legged invertabrate.
- The Mascot covered in what could be BBQ at Krusty Burger sauce is a frog.
- The krusty burger at universal studios has the ribwich as a menu item
- The scene depicting Homer's reaction to the Ribwich is a direct reference to the film Requiem for a Dream.