Penelope grew up in Mineola, New York, a city on Long Island.
Penelope was a new addition to the Krusty the Clown show, as his producers found out that they were losing the female demographic. Krusty accepted the new addition, only to get tired of her girly antics very soon, quickly losing male viewers instead. When Krusty tried to confront Penelope, however, she revealed to him how she joined mainly because of him, being his biggest fan since childhood. After this revelation, Krusty and Penelope start a relationship.
The Krusty the Clown Show episodes soon after feature them singing love songs to one another, with Krusty culminating in asking Penelope's hand for marriage, to which she agrees heartily. On their wedding day, Bart and Milhouse try to sabotage the ceremony by showing Penelope Krusty's array of ex-wives, including Holly Hippie and Eartha Kitt, both of whom despise him. Penelope still desires to be wed to Krusty, but Krusty believes that he is not worth Penelope's love and cancels the wedding.
Penelope then moves to France and sings songs on her guitar at a local café. When walking on the Seine river bridge, she looks down at the water. A boat passes by, and she observes Krusty's reflection on the water. She turns around, expecting to see him, only to observe nothing. Krusty is actually there however, he was just in the water. She flings herself in the water, and the two float down the river, staying afloat using Penelope's wooden guitar's case.
Penelope wears a beautiful pink dress (similar to that of Disney princesses). She has dark brown hair and wears long white gloves with fingers cut off and pink shoes with bows. She also wears pink lipstick, magenta stick earrings, a necklace with a star, and a blue tiara on her head.
- Episode – "Once Upon a Time in Springfield"
- Episode – "Loan-a Lisa" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "Them, Robot" (Seen in couch gag)
- Episode – "The Princess Guide" (Seen in intro)
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- She has her own handbag brand.
- Her actual name is Penelope Mountbatten Hapsburg Hohenzollern Mulan-Pocahontas, the last part of her name containing the name of two actual Disney Princesses, Mulan and Pocahontas.
- She is also a parody of the Disney Princess lineup.
- Mountbatten, Hapsburg and Hohenzollern are actual last names of European Royalty, with Hapsburg and Hohenzollern having been two of the most ancient and powerful dynasties ruling over the Austrian and Spanish, and German Empires respectively. While Mountbatten is the last name of Phillip duke of Edinburgh, Queen Elizabeth II's husband, for his mother side. However his descendants have no actual last name in order to keep House of Windsor as the name of the dynasty.
- She also bears a physical resemblance to Snow White.
- She is from Mineola, Long Island, New York.
- Her name was possibly based on the Wacky Races character Penelope Pitstop. Both of them are also understood for wearing pink clothes.