The Pink Sedan (or the Family Sedan) is a 1973 Plymouth Valiant and is one of two automobiles that belong to the Simpson family.
It is Homer's car, and he uses it almost exclusively, though Marge, Bart, Lisa and even Maggie have driven it at some point. The car features: minor damage on the left front fender (which Homer has never had repaired), driver's side airbag, a column shifter, a bent up radio aerial, and has a *Trackstar 8-Track radio. It was made in Croatia, out of old Soviet tanks.
- In several episodes, the car ends up completely trashed, yet is back to normal the next week.
- In the opening theme song, Homer seems to have a sedan with 3 doors that has no aerial, no dent and no number plate.
- After an accident, Homer tells his mechanic, Junior, that he wants his car fixed with "quality GM parts, possibly indicating the car is a GM product. Homer's Mechanic states that Homer's car was built in Croatia, made from Soviet tanks. Irritated by this news, Homer calls Junior "Mr. Sasswrench", a play on words of "Mr. Goodwrench", another GM reference. But it's too big to be a European car, unless it was designed to be shipped over to the States like the Delorean. But it is quite obvious that it was meant to be a 1973 Plymouth Valiant.
- Homer is embarrassed to drive a woman's car (The F Series Canyonero), and is sectioned for wearing a pink shirt ("Stark Raving Dad"), yet a pink car is fine. Considering it's normal to have yellow skin and blue hair, maybe pink cars have no social stigma.
- This car is a drivable vehicle in The Simpsons Road Rage and The Simpsons: Hit and Run, as a convertible, as well as being open top.
- The day Homer bought it has not been shown in the series, but he did own a different car while in high school.
- The car is sometimes drawn with side-view mirrors, sometimes not.
- Usually, the license plate is left blank, but when it does have lettering, it varies (see License Plates on The Simpsons). It has appeared to be 1PHL07 on most occasions when it had a license plate. On the old intro, it was a coupe and it was a 1963 Dodge Dart.
- The sedan can be seen in various colors in some episodes. The color for the car is generally inconsistent. Especially in Homer Loves Flanders, it is completely light green.
- In "Mr. Plow" Homer is driving home in a snowstorm when he sees another car in front of him and smashes into it, though the airbag doesn't go off until he steps out of the car. He observes the damage, stating that he "got him as good as he got me". He then notices his shocked family standing at the door of the house and it is revealed that he's just totaled his wife's car as well as his own. This provokes an unusually loud "D,oh". Despite the fact that neither car is in any fit state to be driven for at least a month both return in mint condition in the next episode.
- In one episode Homer Simpson sold the car to Cleveland and got an electric car instead.
- It is damaged by Bart in the episode "The Heartbroke Kid" when a severely-overweight Bart goes through the opening sequence. When he lands on the car as it pulls into the driveway, instead of harmlessly bouncing off it onto the ground, his sheer weight crushes it in the middle, ejecting Homer in the process.
- It is also destroyed in the Simpsons Movie when the sinkhole in the Simpsons backyard expands after bullets are shot into it. The car is pulled in and crushed, shortly followed by the treehouse and the Simpsons house itself.
- The pink sedan is one of the map markers that can be selected for Garmin GPS devices and is listed as the "Homer".
- In Trilogy of Error as well as Papa Don't Leech, Marge drove it.
- After Barney was forced to stay sober during a binge-drinking party at Moe's, he had some kind of breakdown and left the car illegally parked at One World Trade Center in New York. Homer attempted to recover it legally, but eventually lost patience and attempted to drive it with a boot still on the wheel before removing it with a jackhammer, severely damaging the car in the process.
- It is also damaged when a sturgeon somehow falls out of the Mir space station and lands on the bonnet, denting it, when Rainier Wolfcastle takes a golf club to it after it crashes into his Ferrari and when Maggie crashes it into the prison and causes a prison break.
- According to the east coast feed of Simprovised's live segment, Homer says his car is a hybrid, which is a mix of old and terrible.
- The car looks like a 1970 Toyota Corolla.
|Levels||Level 1 • Level 2 • Level 3 • Level 4 • Level 5 • Level 6 • Level 7|
|Characters||Homer • Bart • Lisa • Marge • Apu • Non-Playable characters|
|Vehicles||Pink Sedan • Honor Roller • Malibu Stacy Car • Canyonero • Pontiac Firebird • 70s Sport Car|
|Locations||Evergreen Terrace • Downtown Springfield • Squidport|
|References/Trivia • Appearances • Extras • Credits • Quotes|