- “Whatever injustice shows it's ugly face, I will be there, for I am the Pie Man.”
- ―Pie Man's catcphrase
|First Appearance||"Simple Simpson"|
Pie Man is a superhero that Homer made up and also his alter ego when the Rich Texan was taunting Lisa at the county fair. He had been previously warned by the police that he'd go to jail if he committed another assault, so he used a quilt as a cape and an empty pie tin with eye and mouth holes cut out for a disguise to avoid recognition and then hit him with a pie to humiliate him. From that point on, he smashed pies in wrongdoers' faces as known as 'Pie Man' from there. Chief Wiggum wanted to kill him, and when he shot him, Lisa discovered Pie Man was actually Homer. Later, Mr. Burns discovered it too and told him to smash pies on people he hates, otherwise he would reveal his identity to the police. During a visit of the Dalai Lama, Homer revealed himself, but nobody believed him, except Marge. Bart later acted as his sidesick, as "Cupcake Kid". Pie Man appears in the opening sequence of The Blue and The Gray, along with Cupcake Kid.
- Episode – "Simple Simpson"
- Episode – "The Blue and the Gray" Opening only
- Episode – "How I Wet Your Mother" cardboard cutout seen
- Episode – "Bart's New Friend" Opening gag
- Comic book – Simpsons Super Spectacular No. 11
- – The Simpsons Movie