Auditions were held in Springfield Playhouse by Chazz Busby. Milhouse failed his audition when he wasn't able to point stage left. Ned tried to get a role of Jesus Christ, but eventually Homer got the role instead.
The play was very popular, with many viewers being moved by Homer's performance as Jesus. Even Ned was impressed. In the end of the play, Homer's cross fell down while he was on it and knocked Ned out. To save the situation, Chazz Busby then danced on the stage.
- Chazz Busby, direstor
- Homer Simpson as Jesus Christ
- Timothy Lovejoy as narrator
- Ned Flanders as non-speaking Pharise
- Clancy Wiggum as Pontius Pilate
- Jimbo Jones, Dolph Starbeam and Kearney Zzyzwicz as Roman guards
- Horatio McCallister, Lenny Leonard, Carl Carlson, Barney Gumble, Moe Szyslak, Julius Hibbert and Martin Prince as unnamed men
- Elizabeth Hoover and Lunch Lady Doris as unnamed women
- Lisa Simpson, Marge Simpson, Helen Lovejoy and Lindsey Naegle as Daughters of Jerusalem
- Sideshow Mel as cross lifter
- Snake Jailbird and Hans Moleman as crucifixion victims