|City Motto||America's Barley Basket|
|First Appearance||"Marge vs. the Monorail"|
Ogdenville was one of the towns to which Lyle Lanley sold his defective monorail system. Judging by what happened to North Haverbrook and what nearly happened to Springfield when Lanley came to town, it is very likely that Lanley's visit to Ogdenville had similar results.
Ogdenville is the home of the Ogdenville Outlet Mall which the Simpsons visit, although the driving trip apparently takes several hundred miles over desert roads. Ogdenville is Springfield's neighbor to the Southeast. It is also described as the State's Barley Basket, indicating that it and Springfield do share a state. The description also suggests that Ogdenville's economy is driven by barley farming, as is most of the city's culture to the point that the people make lemonade with barley instead of lemons.
Ogdenville's economy collapsed when a rat got into barley that went into vegetarian Krusty burgers. After the economic collapse, many Ogdenvillians immigrated to Springfield. A wall was built between Springfield and Ogdenville to stop the immigration, but they put a door in it when the two communities realized they had more similarities than differences. Ogdenville's population is primarily of Norwegian descent.
Ogdenville has its own giant Hollywood-style sign, really similar to that of Springfield. It is also the city in which Maya resides. Not in a tree, however.
- Episode – "Marge vs. the Monorail" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "Scenes from the Class Struggle in Springfield"
- Episode - "Bart Star " (one of the football teams the Springfield Wild Cats play against)
- Episode – "Saddlesore Galactica" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "Midnight Towboy"
- Episode – "Coming to Homerica"
- Episode – "Eeny Teeny Maya, Moe"
- Episode – "To Surveil With Love"
- Episode – "MoneyBART" (Mentioned)