The Normal couch gag is the fifth couch gag of Season 1.
The Simpsons sit on the couch normally; nothing else happens.
Behind the Laughter
- This was originally going to be the first couch gag.
- The episode "Midnight Rx"'s couch gag called back to this episode, with the family doing what they did here, and Lisa saying, "What? Can't we sit on the couch without something happening?", followed by Homer being impaled by a spear.
- Episode – "The Call of the Simpsons"
- Episode – "Some Enchanted Evening"
- Episode – "Bart the Daredevil" (VHS)
- Episode – "At Long Last Leave" (Snapshot montage with other episode's gags)