- “Oh man! Ned spilt ink over my poems! He is a real flat tyre, I mean a cube man! He's putting us on a trip to Squaresville, Mona!”
- ―Nedward Flanders, Sr.[src]
| Nedsel "Daddio" Flanders|
|Hair||Gray (formerly brown)|
|Relatives|| Wife: Agnes Flanders|
|First Appearance||"Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song"|
|Voiced By||Harry Shearer|
Nedsel "Daddio" Flanders, also known as Nedward Flanders, Sr., is the beatnik husband of Agnes Flanders, the father of Nedward Flanders Jr. and Nediana Flanders and the paternal grandfather of Rod and Todd Flanders.
Nedsel is still alive, as he was shown attending his son's wedding to Edna and was later seen with his son on multiple occasions.
A discrepancy with his name has occured over the years. in the episodes, he is called "Nedward," but in comic issues, as well as the Flanders' Book of Faith's Flanders' family tree, he is called "Nedsel."
Nedsel looks a lot like his son except for the goatee and his grey hair. He wears a striped shirt and, like his wife, occasionally wears a black baret.
- Episode – "Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song" (flashback)
- Episode – "Hurricane Neddy" (flashback)
- Episode – "Marge Gamer" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Ned 'N Edna's Blend"
- Episode – "Black-eyed Please"
- Episode – "The Fabulous Faker Boy"
- Episode – "Walking Big & Tall" (flashback)
- Comic book – Simpsons Comics 188 (flashback)
- Comic book – Simpsons Comics 204
- Book – Flanders' Book of Faith
- Nedsel's name is mentioned in Flanders' Book of Faith.
- ↑ Flanders' Book of Faith
- ↑ Ned 'N Edna's Blend
- ↑ Black-Eyed, Please
- ↑ Hurricane Neddy
- ↑ Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish":
Arnie Gumble: Hey! Burnsie got himself some paintings!
Iggy Wiggum: Wait a minute, we're not supposed to steal from Civilians.
Abraham Simpson: You want me to report you to Commander Flanders?! Just leave them behind, Burnsie!