- The title is a reference to the play "Much Ado About Nothing" by William Shakespeare. The play was also referenced in an earlier episode title of Season 7's "Much Apu About Nothing".
- Apu references The Big Bang Theory.
- The scene where Bart goes back to his prankster personality is a reference to the movie A Clockwork Orange.
- The cover of the song "The Best" by Tina Turner is played when the fire department is getting away after failing to extinguish the fire from the Quick & Fresh.
- Bart sings a Doxology after he says that without Homer strangling him, his throat is finally healing.
- According to this episode, Apu worked on the movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (referred by Jay as Temple of Doom) for three months, and only his hand appears in one shot.
- Krusty states that SWAT stands for Short, Wide and Tubby. Most likely referencing to Chief Wiggum. In fact it means Special Weapons and Tactics.
- Lisa uses Homer's "D'oh!" catch phrase when Bart is about to pull down the switch for Quick & Fresh.
- When Manjula was presenting the Quick & Fresh to Apu, the workers push the Kwik-E-Mart picture to Apu's right, but a few seconds later, he jumps to the left to hug the picture.
- When the Police Tank is first seen, Ralph is in the same hatch as Lou, but in later scenes, Ralph is gone.
- In "Homer the Heretic" Jamshed Nahasapeemapetilon appears to be between the ages of six and ten. However, in this episode he appears to be in his early twenties.
- Sideshow Mel was shown at the "Quick & Fresh" when the products start going bad, but a few seconds later, he appears as a firefighter on the firetruck dancing and his skin is yellow.
- When Bart pulls down the switch for Quick & Fresh, the food in the store goes bad immediately, when logically, it would actually take 24 hours for the food to go bad.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.