| Mr. Sparkle AKA ミスタースパーコル AKA Misutā Supākoru|
|Occupation||Mascot for a Japanese detergent company|
|First Appearance||"In Marge We Trust"|
|Voiced By|| Sab Shimono|
Hank Azaria (The Simpsons Game)
Homer thought that the company was using his likeness without his permission until a video from Mr. Sparkle's parent company explains it came from combining the logos of the companies who produced Mr. Sparkle as a joint-venture: a cartoon fish (representing Matsumura Fishworks) and a lightbulb (representing Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern), proving the resemblance to be simply coincidental. In turn to sum it all up, Bart says to Homer, "There's your answer, fishbulb."
Non Canon Appearances Edit
Mr. Sparkle appeared in The Simpsons Game, when the Simpsons enter the videogame world and Homer and Lisa enter a game featuring Mr. Sparkle, where they have to help him clean up a Japan-style world by clearing several levels. He commits suicide towards the end of the game for dishonoring his ancestors (he kills him self with a sword, bizarrely with out hands or a chest). Here, he was voiced by Hank Azaria.
Behind the Laughter Edit
Mr. Sparkle is seen on the checkout belt in the new version of the opening sequence.
- The three dancing women in the commercial were fashioned after the three members of Japanese pop/punk band Shonen Knife.
- The Mr. Sparkle commercial was the inspiration for the Fruity Oaty Bar commercial in the movie Serenity.
- There is a blade in the game Fruit Ninja named Mr. Sparkle.
- The visual programming software Grasshopper 3D has a component arrangement/distribution feature named Mr. Sparkle.
- In "Married to the Blob", Kumiko mentions Homer looks like Mr. Sparkle, and that the detergent is a popular means of suicide in Japan.
- Episode – "In Marge We Trust"
- Episode – "Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo" in commercial
- Episode – "Funeral for a Fiend" Commercial seen
- HD Opening Sequence — Being bought by Marge
- Episode – "A Tree Grows in Springfield"
- Episode – "Married to the Blob" (mentioned by Kumiko)
- Video game – The Simpsons Game