Montgomery Burns State Prison is a private prison owned by Mr. Burns
Due to Springfieldians' general disinterest in classical music, it was bought by Mr. Burns and turned into a prison. Homer and Otto wanted to get a job there. However, Otto switched urine samples with Homer because his urine was made up of a wide variety of drugs, so Homer didn't get a job.
Later, Homer was arrested for illegally transporting litter after he kicked a can in the street five times when old, obscure laws were later reinstated in order to fill the prison up. During the time at the prison, he became a snitch. However, other prisoners learned it and tried to kill him while all the guards were waiting outside for the fake breakout. Marge came to the prison to save him, because she was the president of the cultural activities board and she was given a key to the concert hall. The prisoners were then stopped by the guards. When Homer told governor Mary Bailey about the prison's conditions, the prison was shut down and the governor released all of the prisoners (save for Homer) onto a barge to fight.
- Homer Simpson (former)
- Snake Jailbird (possibly former)
- Drederick Tatum (possibly former)
- Fat Tony (former)
- Louie (former)
- Johnny Tightlips (former)
- Legs (former)
- Frankie the Squealer (former)
- Krusty the Clown (presumably)
- Mr. Burns (warden)
- Waylon Smithers (manager)
- Officer Krackney (Captain of the Guards)
- Lenny Leonard (guard)
- Carl Carlson (guard)
- Otto Mann (guard)
- Guard Applicants (possible guards)
- Groundskeeper Willie (guard)
- Springfield Police Department (enforcers)
- Homer's cell was on the third floor.
- It is unknown what happened to the prison building (if it was demolished or rebuilt).