The song was supposed to declare Milhouse's love to Lisa, but just end up embarrassing her. Because of that, she refused to be Milhouse girlfriend.
- Teacher said, don't eat the paste
- 'Tis apt to make you spew.
- I ate the paste, and liked the taste
- Passed out and dreamed of you.
- Okay... first of all, it's never wise to use the word "spew" in a love song.
- Lisa, Lisa, maid so fair
- With crimson dress and pointy hair.
- Do you mind if I stop and stare
- Look in your mind and I'm there.
- So, Lisa, I love you. Is that love "requited" or "un"?
- I'm sorry, but I don't love you, Milhouse, and I never will.
- This song have the exact same rhythm as Greensleeves.