Michael is the son of infamous mafia boss Fat Tony, but he does not wish to follow in his father's footsteps and go into the family business of "waste management." He has a passion for cooking and is a great chef.
His mother died when he was younger and he has no siblings. Fat Tony was once put in a hospital by rival gangs and Michael was offered to take over the mafia for a while.
He did not want that, and Homer and Bart took over the mob instead, although later he apparently willingly poisoned the mafia that had attacked his father.
- Michael is an obvious homage, in name, appearance and behavior, to Michael Corleone from The Godfather Trilogy.
- Marge Simpson sometimes drives him home from school.
- Episode – "Moe Baby Blues" (mentioned)
- Episode – "The Seven-Beer Snitch" (mentioned)
- Episode – "The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer"
- Episode – "The Fool Monty"
- Episode – "Yellow Subterfuge" (Name seen on list)
- Episode – "The Yellow Badge of Cowardge"
- Episode – "The Man Who Came to Be Dinner"
- Episode – "Whistler's Father"
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
|Don Vittorio DiMaggio | Fit Fat Tony | Louie | Legs | Joey | Johnny Tightlips | Michael D'Amico | Frankie the Squealer | Jimmy the Snitch | Joey the Arsonist|
|Former Mafia Members|
|Fat Tony (deceased) | Bart Simpson | Homer Simpson | Nicky Bluepants Altosaxophony|
|Ms. Albright | June Bellamy | Belle | Billy (actor) | Booberella | Colin | Cosine | Crazy Cat Lady | Michael D'Amico | David (Treehouse of Horror XVI) | Devan Woosterfield | Dia-Betty | Mia Farrow | Ginger Flanders | Mrs. Glick | Adil Hoxha | Bernice Hibbert | Cookie Kwan | Lester | Audrey McConnell | Medicine Woman | Mrs. Muntz | Lindsey Naegle | Manjula Nahasapeemapetilon | Opal | Poor Violet | Lois Pennycandy | Pepi | Phillips | Brunella Pommelhorst | Ronaldo (Blame It on Lisa) | Dr. Simpson | Agnes Skinner | Brandine Spuckler | Jitney Spuckler | Whitney Spuckler | Spud | Dolph Starbeam | Clara Stetson | Gino Terwilliger | Dame Judith Underdunk | Veronica | Vicki Valentine | Plopper|