- “I'm not pretty, I'm not smart, I'm not talented. I have the same shoe size as Charles Barkley. My prom date was a scarecrow I stole, and he left with someone else. The inside of my hat smells so bad I'm not allowed in most restaurants...”
- ―Meg's final words to Lisa in The Simpsons Guy
Megatron "Meg" (formerly Megan) Griffin is one of the main characters from American animated sitcom, Family Guy. She is the daughter and oldest child of Peter and Lois. She appears in a crossover special, The Simpsons Guy.
In the episode Homerland, Meg appeared in the ending credits. The ending credits had a reprise of the episode's couch gag, where The Simpsons, along with the characters for a bunch of other FOX TV shows such as Family Guy, American Dad!, The Cleveland Show, and Bob's Burgers were all having a 25th season of The Simpsons party. Meg was depicted as a Simpsonized version of herself, looking mainly the same as she does in the Family Guy series, only with the one vital difference of her skin being yellow.
In the episode The Simpsons Guy, Meg had to leave Quahog with the rest of her family to get away from a bunch of angry feminists who were mad at her dad's comics. She went to Springfield and lived in the Simpson house. She soon became good friends with Lisa and they both bonded together because they were both unpopular girls who were usually neglected by their families. Meg spent time with Lisa in her room and became envious of all of her dozens trophies. Meg tells Lisa that she isn't good at anything and Lisa helps her find something she is good at. She goes through an entire list of random things, but none of them seem to fit her. Meg then plays Lisa's saxophone and turns out to be really good at it. In fact, she was so good, that Lisa became jealous and told her that she was terrible at it and said that she should stop playing, which caused Meg to stop liking her. Eventually, the Griffins had to return home because The Simpsons had all gotten in fights with their Family Guy counterparts, and Homer had beaten them in a court case, successfully claiming Pawtucket Patriot Ale to be a rip-off of Duff Beer. Just before Meg left, Lisa came back to her and admitted that she actually was good at playing the saxophone. She gave it to her and said that she could take it home with her in order for her to pursue her dreams of being accepted and finally be treated like she's good at something. However, Peter came by and yanked the saxophone out of her hands and threw it in the trash, telling Meg that there's no room in the car for any carry-ons.
Meg is a short and skinny teenage girl with brown hair and medium skin. Her head is a rounded triangular shape, which is the same shape as her mother's. Her nose is also triangular and pointy and looks like her mom's nose too. She wears a pink beanie cap, thick glasses (Meg has myopia like her father), a pink t-shirt with a white collar, a white trim, and white sleeve rims, blue skinny jeans and white shoes.
Meg is a smart yet self-conscious teenage girl who is regarded as awful by most people and never does anything interesting. Everyone in her family makes fun of her: Peter and Chris resort to outrageous stunts and names; Stewie and Brian employ subtle but effective jokes; Lois constantly puts Meg down while boosting her own egotistical image. However, on some occasions the family's true love for her has been proven, mostly by Chris. Her insecurities cause her desperately to try to be part of the in-crowd, but this only results in her getting coldly rebuffed by the many bullies of James Woods Regional High School, especially Connie D'Amico, the popular and beautiful yet mean-spirited and cocky head cheerleader. To add insult to injury, she is also victimized by the mean and shallow teaching staff and faculty of her school and, to a lesser extant, the Griffin family's neighbors. However, Meg does have a moderate number of friends, the best of which being with a group of girls who are often seen with her during occasions such as slumber parties and gossiping about boys. In later episodes, these girls, known by the names Beth, Patty, Esther, and Ruth, are characterized as being highly unpopular and dateless, much like Meg. Additionally, a stereotypical nerd named Neil Goldman, who later becomes Chris's best friend, is attracted to her, despite her lack of interest in him due to his even lower social status than hers (although in some episodes, she refers to him as a friend).
- Originally, Meg's first name was "Megan", but shortly after she was born, Peter had the mischievous idea to write on her birth certificate and change her name to "Megatron", naming her after a character from the Transformers franchise.
- She is the only child in the Griffin family whose middle name is unknown.
- Meg has the same shoe size as Charles Barkley.
- Although Meg is shown to be bad at most things in The Simpsons Guy, most of the things that she was shown to do poorly, such as writing, typing, and reading, are things that she is normally shown to do easily on Family Guy, having fans imply that this was shown differently in this episode to make her look less talented and intelligent than in reality. However, she is also shown to have a certain knack for musical talent. She was shown to be very proficient at playing Lisa's saxophone and played it beautifully the first time she used it. She was so good at it, she even did better than Lisa, much to her dismay.
- Meg cut Lisa's name into her arms after meeting her.