Maurice LaMarche (born March 30, 1958) is a Canadian-American voice actor and occasional guest star on The Simpsons. LaMarche was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, but his family moved to Timmins, Ontario soon after he was born.
At the age of 19, LaMarche took his high school act to an open mic night in New York, performing to a reaction in which, as he describes, "they just totally ignored me." Three years later, at the age of 22, Maurice moved straight to Los Angeles to further his stand up career. This move, LaMarche says, would always be something he regretted doing instead of moving to New York.
Maurice's first entrance into the voiceover industry was in 1979 in Easter Fever and Take Me Up To The Ballgame, two Canadian films. LaMarche didn't venture into voiceover acting again until years later as a part-time job when he was doing standup.
Maurice LaMarche began on Inspector Gadget and went on to Dennis the Menace, Popeye and Son and The Real Ghostbusters. After The Real Ghostbusters, LaMarche became a regular mainstay of the voiceover industry appearing in such shows as Talespin, Tiny Toon Adventures, GI Joe, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes: The Animated Series, Taz-Mania, Where's Waldo, The Little Mermaid, Batman: The Animated Series, and Bonkers before landing perhaps his most recognized role in 1993 as The Brain on Animaniacs (and later its spin-off show Pinky and the Brain). The stretch of two years after this saw LaMarche portray characters in such shows as Duckman, Hey Arnold!, Queer Duck, King of the Hill, Father In Codename Kids Next Door and The Chimp Channel. It was at this time, 1999, that Maurice LaMarche began work on Futurama. Since Futurama LaMarche has continued to work steadily in television, including guest roles on The Simpsons.
- Provided the loud belch given by Jay Sherman and Eudora Welty in "A Star is Burns"
- George C. Scott (A Star is Burns)
- Commander McBragg (The Seemingly Never-Ending Story)
- Orson Welles (Treehouse of Horror XVII and Frink Gets Testy)
- Billy (The Wife Aquatic)
- "Horn stuffer" (Stop or My Dog Will Shoot!)
- Fox announcer (You Kent Always Say What You Want)
- Government official (Treehouse of Horror XVIII)
- Jock (Husbands and Knives)
- Milo (Married to the Blob)
- Toucan Sam (Dangerous Curves)
- Robert D. Eisenhower (No Loan Again, Naturally)
- City inspector (Waverly Hills 9-0-2-1-D'oh)
- Additional voice (Chief of Hearts)
- Newscaster (Coca-Cola advert)
|Dan Castellaneta | Julie Kavner | Nancy Cartwright | Yeardley Smith | Hank Azaria | Harry Shearer|
|Pamela Hayden | Tress MacNeille | Maggie Roswell | Russi Taylor | Karl Wiedergott | Christopher Collins | Doris Grau | Jo Ann Harris | Marcia Mitzman Gaven|
|Special Guest Voices|
|Kelsey Grammer | Maurice LaMarche | Joe Mantegna | Marcia Wallace | Greg Berg | Albert Brooks | Phil Hartman | Jan Hooks | Jane Kaczmarek | Jon Lovitz | Frank Welker|