| Maude Flanders|
|Occupation|| Housewife (former)|
The Leftorium (former)
Creator of Praiseland (closed)
|Relatives|| Grandmother: Unnamed|
|First Appearance||Dead Putting Society|
|Voiced By|| Maggie Roswell|
Marcia Mitzman Gaven (Four last appearances at Season 11)
- “I don't judge Homer or Marge. That's for a vengeful God to do.”
- ―Maude Flanders[src]
- “Neddy doesn't believe in insurance. He considers it a form of gambling.”
- ―Maude Flanders[src]
- “In many ways, Maude Flanders was a supporting player in our lives. She didn't grab our attention with memorable catchphrases, or comical accents. But, whether you noticed her or not, Maude was always there ... and we thought she always would be.”
- ―Reverend Timothy Lovejoy at Maude's funeral[src]
Maude was a devout Christian who once attended a Bible camp to learn how to be more judgmental. She campaigned strongly against Itchy and Scratchy with Marge and was often partnered with Helen Lovejoy as they protest against the "evils" in Springfield. She died by falling off a grandstand, after being hit with several shirts from a t-shirt cannon by Homer at the Springfield Speedway.
Although she spent much of her free time in prayer and reading the Bible, Maude was known to let her hair (and her neckline) down for the occasional dinner party at the home of her neighbors, the Simpsons.
Homer and Moe both found her attractive. Moe made anonymous phone calls to her and Homer once ogled Maude's low-cut dress at a dinner party, which ended up with him and Marge going to marriage camp..
She liked ficus plants, unflavored nonfat ice milk, and Newsweek magazine.
In "Alone Again, Natura-Diddily", Maude died after being knocked off a grandstand by a shirt cannon at the Springfield Speedway, because Homer had made the Fan-demonium girls shoot right directly at him all at once. When this happened, Homer ducked down to pick up a bobby pin, causing Maude to get hit. According to Homer, he had parked in the ambulance zone, preventing any quick resuscitation..
Her death crushed Ned and their sons, Todd and Rod, who, although used to some measure of hardship (their house getting destroyed) assumed they would always be together some day.
The actual reason her character was killed off was due to a pay dispute between the actress who voiced her character and the show's producers.
Apparently, Homer fell in her grave, which Ned mentioned . Reverend Lovejoy eulogized her as follows: "In many ways, Maude Flanders was a supporting player in our lives. She didn't grab our attention with memorable catchphrases, or comical accents. But, whether you noticed her or not, Maude was always there ... and we thought she always would be." 
After her death, the grieving Ned Flanders and the Simpsons saw in her sketchbook a series of drawings that outlined a plan for a Christian-themed amusement park named "Praiseland." Realizing this park to be her final dream, Ned acquired the defunct amusement park "Storytime Village" from Colonel Antoine "Tex" O'Hara ("The Rich Texan") and, with the assistance of Homer and other townspeople, built and opened Praiseland. He memorialized Maude there with a statue of her, and placed on its base a plaque bearing the phrase "She taught us the joy of shame and the shame of joy."
Praiseland sold Maude memorial items such as masks. Praiseland gained popularity among the residents of Springfield when they erroneously attributed to the statue of Maude the performance of miracles providing religious experiences. The religious experiences were actually hallucinations, caused by gas that was leaking from a gas line near the base of the statue (it is revealed that Springfield natural gas is actually deadlier and more poisonous in area with good ventilation). Feeling that profiting off the memory of his dead wife was wrong, and even more so after candles near the gas leak nearly caused an explosion, Ned closed down Praiseland . Though the episode aired in February 2000, the events appeared to take place before the winter meaning the events probably took place before Winter 1999 and 2000.
Post Death Appearances in the SimpsonsEdit
- At the start of The Simpsons Halloween Special XIII originally broadcast in the USA November 3rd, 2002.The Simpsons and Ned Flanders held a seance and summon Maude's ghost, who proceeds to tell them three horror stories.
- The regular episode "Bart Has Two Mommies," which aired March the 19th 2006, she is shown looking down on her sons from heaven, saying "My little boys are growing up, Neddy" Maggie Roswell voiced her, but was uncredited in the premiere airing. When it re-aired, the credits were amended to include her name.
- Maude is also shown to be alive in Season 6 in the episode "Lisa's Wedding" which was set in the future after the Simpson children had grown up, but written before Season eleven when Maude was killed. However, it should be noted that this was a vision by a possibly illegitimate psychic, and might not be considered canonical.
- Any time the full (second) opening sequence is played, she can still be seen in the quick fly-by leading to when Bart lands on top of Homer's car.
- She appeared in flashbacks in the Season 20 episode Dangerous Curves and the Season 21 episode Postcards From the Wedge.
- There is a house in the final level of The Simpsons Game with a huge sign with Maude's name, which may imply that she's literally "living with God."
- Goofingly, she was seen with Ned, Rod and Todd when an overview of the crowd is seen in Take My Life, Please, even though she was supposed to be dead.
- She was mentioned in Kill the Alligator and Run and A Star is Torn.
- There are still pictures of her in the Flanders home.
- In The Simpsons Road Rage game, if you play as Ned and go airborne, he'll eventually yell out, "AAGH, I'm coming to join ya, Maude!"
- In Treehouse of Horror XXII, she appeared as a devil married to Satan.
- In How I Wet Your Mother, she appears in Homer's dream as a member of a crowd of women who support drunk driving.
- In The Simpsons: Tapped Out, her ghost could have been unlocked in the Treehouse of Horror XXIV Event in 2013.
- Helen Lovejoy
- Timothy Lovejoy
- Jessica Lovejoy
- Kirk Van Houten
- Luann Van Houten
- Marge Simpson
- Sarah Wiggum
- Julius Hibbert
- Bernice Hibbert
|Maude Flanders | Helen Lovejoy | Elizabeth Hoover | Luann Van Houten | Princess Kashmir | Mary Bailey | Shary Bobbins | Barbara Bush | Mona Simpson | Martha Quimby|
The Simpsons Characters
|The Simpsons and relatives|
| Homer Simpson • Marge Simpson • Bart Simpson • Lisa Simpson • Maggie Simpson|
Santa's Little Helper • Snowball II • Abraham Simpson • Patty Bouvier • Selma Bouvier • Mona Simpson • Jacqueline Bouvier • Ling Bouvier • Herb Powell
|Jasper Beardly • Comic Book Guy • Barney Gumble • Maude Flanders • Ned Flanders • Professor Frink • Gil Gunderson • Julius Hibbert • Lionel Hutz • Helen Lovejoy • Reverend Timothy Lovejoy • Captain Horatio McCallister • Akira • Hans Moleman • Marvin Monroe • Bleeding Gums Murphy • Apu Nahasapeemapetilon • Mayor Joe Quimby • Dr. Nick Riviera • Agnes Skinner • Cletus Spuckler • Disco Stu • Squeaky-Voiced Teen • Moe Szyslak • Sam and Larry • Kirk Van Houten • Luann Van Houten • Clancy Wiggum • Eddie • Lou • Crazy Cat Lady • Lindsey Naegle • Cookie Kwan • Wiseguy • Brandine Spuckler • The Yes Guy • Sanjay Nahasapeemapetilon • Blue-haired Lawyer • Judge Roy Snyder • Rich Texan • Luigi Risotto • Old Jewish Man • Mrs. Glick|
|Itchy & Scratchy • Kent Brockman • Krusty the Clown • Troy McClure • Sideshow Mel • Rainier Wolfcastle | Arnie Pye • Radioactive Man • Duffman • Bumblebee Man • Bill and Marty • Drederick Tatum • Mr. Teeny • Scott Christian • Booberella • Gabbo • Lurleen Lumpkin • Celebrities|
|Springfield Elementary School faculty and students|
|Superintendant Chalmers • Seymour Skinner • Edna Krabappel • Elizabeth Hoover • Groundskeeper Willie • Otto Mann • Lunchlady Doris • Dewey Largo • Dr. J. Loren Pyror • Milhouse Van Houten • Ralph Wiggum • Nelson Muntz • Martin Prince • Rod Flanders • Todd Flanders • Sherri and Terri • Wendell Borton • Database • Jimbo Jones • Kearney Zzyzwicz • Dolph Starbeam • Üter Zörker • Janey Powell • Lewis • Richard • Bashir bin Laden|
|Springfield Nuclear Power Plant|
|Charles Montgomery Burns • Waylon Smithers • Carl Carlson • Lenny Leonard • Charlie • Blinky|
|Snake Jailbird • Kang & Kodos • Herman • Sideshow Bob • Fat Tony • Frankie the Squealer • Johnny Tightlips • Legs and Louie|
|The Simpsons • The Bouviers • The Flanders • The Van Houtens • The Wiggums|
|Fictional characters • One-time characters • LGBT characters • Parodied celebrities • Animals|
|Ned Flanders ● Maude Flanders ● Rod Flanders ● Todd Flanders ● Agnes Flanders ● Nedsel Flanders ● Grandma Flanders ● Lord Thistlewick Flanders ● José Flanders ● Ginger Flanders ● Commander Flanders ● Ted Flanders ● Bonnie Flanders ● Connie Flanders ● Edna Krabappel ● Maude Flanders' grandmother ● Neduchadnezzar Flanders ● Winifred Trout ● Sir Nederick Flanders ● Augusta Flanders ● Bart Simpson ● Commander Flanders|