- “Your creator is TV's most beloved animation visionary.”
- ―Matt Groening[src]
Matt Groening, known by his creations as The Creator, (born February 15, 1954) is the creator of the television shows The Simpsons and Futurama, as well as the comic strip Life in Hell. He is also known for creating such comics as "Damnation," "Johnny Reb" and "True Murder Stories."
Matt seems to be very acclaimed, since when people saw him at a comic convention, everyone went for him for an autograph. Matt told them they can also take a bit of his 'stache, as they say it's good luck. However, whenHomer sees a drawing of Bongo the Rabbit by Matt Groening (from his comic Life in Hell) he says Matt is not even a good artist. He was once hired to draw a caricature of Freddy Quimby in a trial.
According to Channel 6, Matt Groening is gay, as he appears in a list in which all gay people appear. He is also in Comic Book Guy's banned list in The Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop, along with Sideshow Bob, Nelson, Bart and Milhouse.
He had appeared in a couch scene as well, when Marge washed his name away from the picture, and he came back and rewrote it. When some "Everyman" comic books were being loaded in a truck, Matt Groening stole all of them and threw them into his truck.
Non Canon Appearances
- Matt Groening was once depicted as a one eyed aging WWII veteran known for comics such as "Damnation", "Johnny Reb" and "True Murder Stories." Plus he acted homicidal if disturbed. 
- Matt Groening is one of the people Comic Book Guy (as "The Collector") kidnapped and put into a Mylar bag.
- Matt Groening is "the creator" of both The Simpsons and Futurama, and his mansion is full of coin pills, dollar sign-shaped bushes and Simpsons characters items, such as statues and trees). When Homer and Bart go to his office, he attacks them with Bender and Zoidberg (two of Futurama's main characters) draws who come to life. Homer and Bart defeat Matt, but he escapes in his helicopter after signing his window with his signature.
- Inside Matt Groening's mansion, Homer refers to Matt as Seth MacFarlane.
Behind the Laughter
- The Simpsons and Futurama and the comic strip Life in Hell. Matt Groening is the creator of the two television series
Matt Groening also appears in the Season 12: Complete Collection DVD menu, where he is busy signing comic books.
- Episode – "The Front" (Cameo)
- Episode – "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" (Cameo)
- Episode – "Bart's Comet" (Only name)
- Episode – "The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular"
- Episode – "Mom and Pop Art" (Drawing by him)
- Couch gag – "Groening's Signature couch gag"[src]
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror X"
- Episode – "Worst Episode Ever" (Only photo)
- Couch gag – "Puppet Master couch gag"[src]
- Episode – "My Big Fat Geek Wedding"
- Episode – "We're on the Road to D'oh-where" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "Love, Springfieldian Style" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "Homer the Whopper"
- Episode – "Dark Knight Court" (does not speak)
- Couch gag – "San Diego Comic Fest couch gag"[src]
- Special – "The Simpsons Guy" Cameo
- Episode – "To Courier with Love"
- The Simpsons Game Level – "Five Characters in Search of an Author"
- The Simpsons Game Level – "Game Over"
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
Get outta my office! (picks up a gun and shoots, making the screen lose airing)
Sure, I'm able to give a drawing or an early sketch. Don't forget to pinch my hair, they say it's good luck.