- A song "We Love You, Matlock" is a parody of song "We Love You, Conrad" by Bye Bye Birdie.
- The giant floor piano in the store as well as Homer playing is likely a reference to the 1988 film Big which also features a similar scene and has Tom Hanks's character playing it too.
- Also, when Homer first uses the giant-sized piano, its shown playing "Rock around the Clock Tonight."
- The main plot of the episode is a reference to several controversies to Barbie, more directly the "Math is Hard" talking Barbie controversy.
- Malibu Stacy is referred to as "America's favorite eight and a half incher."
- It cost $46,000 to produce the Lisa Lionheart dolls.
- A sign in front of the factory reads: "PetroChem Petrochemical Corporation, Proud Makers of Caustic Polypropylene and Malibu Stacy".
- Maggie can write her name on an Etch-A-Sketch, once again indicating her intelligence.
- Stacy Lovell's ex-husband, Joe, has a line on his neck, like a doll.
- It's revealed that Smithers owns the largest Malibu Stacy collection in Springfield.
- Homer plays the Simpsons theme song on the floor piano at the end.
- Abe can somehow reach the carhorn despite claiming that he can't unbuckle his seatbelt.
- When the girls joke that Lisa said a dirty word, Nina's mouth did not move even though she clearly appeared to be speaking to Janey.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.