| Ling Bouvier|
|Relatives|| Adoptive Mother: Selma Bouvier|
Adoptive Father and Maternal Uncle: Homer Simpson
|First Appearance||"Goo Goo Gai Pan"|
|Voiced By||Nancy Cartwright|
- ―Ling's first word
Ling Bouvier is the adopted daughter of Selma Bouvier, after discovering that she had reached menopause.
First appears in Goo Goo Gai Pan.
Selma adopted Ling in Beijing, China after discovering that she had reached menopause. She lied about being married to Homer Simpson, in order to fool the local authorities into thinking that Ling would be part of a traditional family as opposed to a single mother. Though she and Jacqueline Bouvier have only been seen once together, Jacqueline is her adopted grandmother. It is later revealed in Changing of the Guardian that Selma and Patty push her to her limit in numerous hobbies and fail to praise her.
Behind the Laughter Edit
In her first appearance in Goo Goo Gai Pan she only made a few appearances making baby giggles and her only actual word in the series was "momma". During her other 3 appearances she did not talk. She was voiced by Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart, making her the only Bouvier female not voiced by Julie Kavner.
She appears slightly older by "Changing of the Guardian", walking, exhibiting manual dexterity, and even performing gymnastics. She also seems able to speak in complete sentences, saying "Help me!" to Marge.
Note: All of Ling's major appearances are in bold.
- Episode – "Blame It On Lisa" (Cameo)
- Episode – "Goo Goo Gai Pan"
- Episode – "Kiss Kiss Bang Bangalore" (Sleeping in Selma's arms when they return to find that Richard Dean Anderson escaped)
- Episode – "The Wife Aquatic" (At the outdoor movie event)
- Episode – "Rome-Old and Julie-Eh" (Selma brought her over to play with Maggie)
- Episode – "Treehouse of Horror XIX" Trans Morphers (On Bart's Christmas shopping list)
- – The Simpsons Movie (Cameo)
- Episode – "Pranks and Greens" (At the "Midday Mommies" club)
- Episode – "The Real Housewives of Fat Tony" (Pointing to Selma getting married)
- Episode – "The Spy Who Learned Me" (At Krusty Burger during Declan Desmond's documentary)
- Episode – "The Longest Daycare" (Cameo)
- Episode – "Changing of the Guardian"
- Episode – "Dangers on a Train"
- In Changing of the Guardian, Ling is shown to have grown a couple of years older since her first appearance in Goo Goo Gai Pan, although for some reason, Maggie, who is about the same age as Ling, has not.