|Fast Food Chain|
|Owner|| Krusty the Clown|
Bart Simpson (Part owner)
|First Appearance||Three Men and a Comic Book|
Krusty Burger is a fast-food burger restaurant chain that was founded in Springfield. It's known to use a variety of animal meats in it, without any of them being what one would normally eat, including zoo animals, road kill and insects.
During the Summer of 1984, Krusty Burger launched a promotion that gave free burgers to those who pick Olympic Events won by the United States on their game cards. The games involved in the promotion were games that were traditionally won by the Russians. Unfortunately for Krusty, the Russians boycott the Olympics, and the United States win almost every event, costing him $44 million. He then vows on camera to spit on every fiftieth burger as a result of his loss .
One time, when Homer and Bart were trying to work as grease vendors, Homer decided after learning that the job's pay was far below what he expected, to rob a Krusty Burger of its grease and started shoveling the grease into Marge's car. Later, the Grease was stolen from them by the Acne Shovel and Grease Co.
After the restaurant was proclaimed the "unhealthiest restaurant in the world", Krusty decided that the restaurant should serve the "Mother Nature Burger", a vegetarian burger. Later, it turns out that the burger was made with tainted barley produced from Ogdenville, and anyone who consumed the burger received food poisoning.
Krusty also appears to have some input into running the company, personally losing $44 million when a promotional tie-in, in which Krusty Burger was chosen the Official Meat-Flavored Sandwich of the 1984 Summer Olympic Games, backfired due to a Soviet boycott, and Krusty Burger was forced to give away much more food than expected; Krusty expressed his displeasure by stating on live television that "I, personally am gonna spit into every fiftieth burger!"
It has frequently been established that Krusty is not particularly fond of the food served, shown when recording a commercial (immediately before learning of his $44 million dollar loss), he said, "Ewww! I almost swallowed some of the juice!" At one time, Krusty bit a Ribwich and said, "Mmm, I don't mind the taste!" In The Simpsons Movie, when filming a commercial for "The Clogger", he spits out the sandwich after they stop filming and throws the rest of it away. For the mother of nature burger commercial Krusty uses footage of someone else taking a bite out of the sandwich just as he looks like he's about to. This might be because he's Jewish.
Nor does he particularly care as to the quality of the food, the service, the hygiene, employee's or the poor health of his consumers. Many of his workers are foreign slaves he tricked into coming over and locks in at night, and the only emotion he had at the end of Declan Desmonds documentary about his food which had led him to turning obese was happiness at the prospect of turning him into another breakfast item.
He paid mafia to keep other burger places that actually serve real food away,but got beaten up for not paying them money.
- Krusty Burger (The unhealthiest food in the world)
- Double Krusty Burger (Somehow healthier to eat than a normal Krusty burger)
- Deep fried Krusty burger
- Mother of Nature Burger
- Meat-Flavored Sandwich
- The Clogger
- The Ribwich (formerly)
- Filly Fudge Steak (formerly)
- Bacon Balls (formerly)
- Whatchamachicken (formerly)
- Fish Sandwich
- Krusty Popcorn (seen in Moonshine Kingdom)
- Frosted Krusty Flakes (seen in the opening sequence)
- Mad Cow Burger
- Whatchamacarcass Sandwich (mentioned)
- Krusty Burger 2
- Breakfast Balls (mentioned)
- Gravy Scrapems
- Twisty Lard
- Super-Choker Burritos with Macho Sauce
- Burger Squared (non-canon)
Krusty Burger operates in thousands of locations across the United States including an unprofitable franchise on an unmanned off-shore oil platform. A Krusty Burger was seen in the city of Paris, France . There was formerly a Krusty Burger at the Fast Food Boulevard, but it was destroyed along with the entire district after a chain reaction occurred where Homer threw away a leaking Car battery which resulted in the battery juice to burn through a gas main located directly below the trash container and throwing away a lit match that ignited the gas main .
Non Canon AppearanceEdit
In The Simpsons: Hit and Run, Cletus Spuckler often works for Krusty Burger, collecting roadkill for the burgers (according to Bart Simpson, it "explains the tire tracks".) Cletus also has to contend with Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, who claims that "no one can sell rotten meat in this town but me." There are seven Krusty Burgers in the game.
There is At Least 1 Krusty Burger in a Level.
Simpsons Road RageEdit
In Road Rage you can pick up passengers and drop them off at the Krusty Burger.
The Simpsons GameEdit
Behind the LaughterEdit
- Krusty Burger is a parody of the worldwide fast food chain McDonalds and Burger King.
- Krusty Burger's Olympics marketing gaffe in "Lisa's First Word" was inspired by the real-life "When America Wins, You Win" game at McDonald restaurants, in which the odds of winning free food, based on the chances of the U.S. winning medals, were calculated before the Soviet Union and other communist nations withdrew from the Games, leading the United States to dominate the medals chart, and McDonald's to lose a large amount of money on the promotion.
- In conjunction with the opening of The Simpsons Ride, Krusty Burger opened at Universal Studios Hollywood and replaced Doc Brown's Chicken in January 2009.
- A Burger King commercial featured Krusty telling the audience to not buy "The Whopper" and instead buy his deep fried Krusty Burger. He then proceeded to beg the audience stating that he was behind on seven allimonys and wearing paper bags for shoes. The Burger King mascot then appeared and offered Krusty a Whopper. Krusty then punched him and told the audience again to not buy the Whopper. The Burger King mascot rose up and knocked out Krusty.
- Its design Looks Like McDonald’s in Brentford and a few others.
- Episode – "Old Money"
- Episode – "Three Men and a Comic Book"
- Episode – "Boy-Scoutz 'n the Hood"
- Episode – "Secrets of a Successful Marriage"
- Episode – "And Maggie Makes Three"
- Episode – "A Star is Burns"
- Episode – "Who Shot Mr. Burns? (Part Two)"
- Episode – "King-Size Homer"
- Episode – "Two Bad Neighbors"
- Episode – "Bart the Fink"
- Episode – "Scenes from the Class Struggle in Springfield"
- Episode – "22 Short Films About Springfield"
- Episode – "Miracle on Evergreen Terrace"
- Episode – "Lard of the Dance"
- Episode – "Lisa the Tree Hugger"
- Episode – "Brother's Little Helper" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Day of the Jackanapes"
- Episode – "Little Girl in the Big Ten"
- Episode – "I'm Spelling as Fast as I Can"
- Episode – "He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs"
- Episode – "Husbands and Knives"
- – The Simpsons Movie
- Video game – The Simpsons Road Rage
- Video game – The Simpsons: Hit and Run
- Video game – The Simpsons Game
- Episode – "Treehouse of Horror XX"
| Krusty the Clown| Sideshow Bob | Sideshow Mel | Mr. Teeny|
Krusty Burger | Clown College | Kamp Krusty