|Itchy & Scratchy cartoons|
|Episode||"The Heartbroke Kid"|
|Title Pun||Critical condition|
"Kitty-Kill Condition" is an episode of The Itchy & Scratchy Show.
Scratchy goes into the office of Dr. Itchy, Feline Cardiologist. After Scratchy fills out a medical questionnaire, Itchy has Scratchy get onto a treadmill for a stress test. While he monitors Scratchy's heartbeat, Itchy increases the treadmill's speed, tilts the ramp so that Scratchy is running uphill, opens a trapdoor behind Scratchy revealing a group of hungry alligators, and adds a series of flaming hoops to the ramp, which Scratchy has to jump through. All the while, Scratchy's heartbeat becomes faster and faster, until the flaming hoops prove to be too much and Scratchy has a heart attack and collapses.
Itchy then puts Scratchy onto an operating table, cuts his chest open, and removes his heart. The heart escapes and runs on its own all over the treatment room, leading Itchy on a merry chase until he catches up to it and jams a lit stick of dynamite into it. Then Itchy puts the heart back into Scratchy's chest and sews him back up. When Scratchy wakes up, Itchy shows him a picture of himself (Itchy) in bed with Scratchy's wife. The sight causes Scratchy to have a second heart attack, which proves to be fatal.
At Scratchy's funeral, the dynamite Itchy put in his heart explodes during the graveside service, killing all of the cat mourners.
ContinuityEditThe medical questionnaire that Scratchy fills out asks "Have You Ever Been:", followed by a list of catastrophic events. Scratchy checks them all, because they've all happened to him in previous Itchy & Scratchy episodes:
- Churned Into Butter ("Butter Off Dead")
- Decapitated By A Windmill ("What's Nuked, Pussycat?")
- Impaled By The Space Needle ("Skinless in Seattle")
- Squashed By The Moon ("Flay Me to the Moon")
- Printed Into Money ("The Buck Chops Here")
- Tricked Into Eating Yourself ("Esophagus Now")
- Hung By Your Intestines ("Why Do Fools Fall in Lava?")
- Impaled On A Cactus ("Germs of Endearment")
- Killed In A Plane Crash With Buddy Holly ("Bleeder of the Pack")