- “I ain't sayin' nothin'!”
- ―Johnny's catchphrase
Johnny is presumably in his 30s, and works for the D'Amico crime family. Johnny has short black hair and wears a purple suit.
Laconic Johnny says very little, which spares him from accusations of being a "squealer", but his reticence tends to be unhelpful to himself or others. When involved in an inadvertent shoot-out in Fat Tony's mansion (the shoot-out started when Homer and Krusty, caught by Fat Tony during a mafia summit trying to steal several violin cases, dropped the cases by accident and caused some of the cases to open [they contained Tommy guns] and have the guns discharge their ammo), Johnny is shot by accident. When asked where he is injured, he says, "I ain't saying nothing!" When asked what to tell the doctor, he says, "Tell 'em to suck a lemon."
He has, however, elaborated. For instance, he did mention to Homer, when Fat Tony explained that there was a way to settle the debt (via using his house as the set for an adult film), he explained that the title was Lemony Lick-It's A Series of Horny Events.
Homer mentions he digs wells in Darfur on vacation. (Penny-Wiseguys)
Johnny Tightlips is a reference to Frank "Tight Lips" Gusenberg -- who was shot down in the real-life St. Valentine's Day Massacre in Chicago and replied, "nobody shot me," while dying.
On the "Insane Clown Poppy" commentary, it is discussed that the original name for the character would be "Tightlips Johnny."
The character’s nickname is a reference to the Omertà (Mafia code of Ethics).
Fat Tony called him, "my Joisey [Jersey] muscle"
- Episode – "Bart the Murderer"
- Episode – "Insane Clown Poppy"
- Episode – "Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge"
- Episode – "Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington"
- Episode – "Moe Baby Blues"
- Episode – "Bonfire of the Manatees"
- Episode – "The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer"
- Episode – "Waverly Hills 9-0-2-1-D'oh"
- Episode – "Chief of Hearts"
- Episode – "The Seven-Beer Snitch"
- Episode – "The Real Housewives of Fat Tony"
- Episode – "Donnie Fatso"
- Episode – "Penny-Wiseguys"
- Episode – "What to Expect When Bart's Expecting"
- Episode – "'Scuse Me While I Miss the Sky"
- Episode – "At Long Last Leave"
|Don Vittorio DiMaggio | Fit Tony | Louie | Legs | Johnny Tightlips | Michael D'Amico | Frankie the Squealer | Jimmy the Snitch | Joey the Arsonist|
|Former Mafia Members|
|Fat Tony (deceased) | Bart Simpson | Homer Simpson | Joey (deceased) | Nicky Bluepants Altosaxophony|